chapter 10

"What are you doing here?"

I looked at the person holding flowers with a confused expression.

"I- I uhm, I wanted to visit my grandma", he responded, eyes on the floor.
"She only died a week ago", he nervously said looking at his shoes.

"Oh I didn't know I am very sorry. My condolences", I slightly lowered my gaze.

"It's okay", he gave me a little smile showing us his cute dimples.

"Since Lisa came to our school I'm feeling a bit better already. She cheers me up", he said with shining eyes.

"Ah right, Jess, this is Hoseok he's in the same year as me. This is Jess, my sister", I quickly introduced them.

"May I ask who you were visiting?", Hoseok asked politely.

"We were visiting our mom. She passed away 4 years ago due to cancer", I told him still holding Jess' hand.

"I am really sorry... It must be hard living without a mother."

And without a father or any other relatives besides our aunt, I thought to myself but gave him a kind smile.

"We have to go now", I said,
"Guess we'll see each other tomorrow."

Hoseok nodded and I added: "By the way good luck with Lisa."

I winked at him and was about to leave as I heard him say something else.

"Good luck with Yoongi", he chuckled.

I turned around to give him an indignantly gaze but he already left.

"Stop laughing", I told Jess who loved to tease me.

When we got home Jess and I prepared pizza dough and all the other ingredients we needed for the topping. Every time we baked something it turned into a little flour battle till at least our faces were completely white. She chuckled while running away from me just like earlier when we baked with mom.

"The pizza is ready!", Jess shouted from the kitchen after I came out of the shower. I slipped into my pyjamas and we ate dinner together.

//The next day//

Jess and I were sitting in the bus again, driving to school. Just in that moment I noticed that I haven't seen Yoongi since the day we spent together. I sighed unintentionally earning an is-everything-okay face from Jess. I just faced the doors as they opened and I saw a boy coming in. Black messy strands of hair falling into his kinda triangle shaped eyes, he himself wearing a grey hoodie and some black ripped jeans.

I may have stared for too long.

Yoongi walked by smiling nonchalantly causing me to smile back. Of course he sat down in the back of the bus again.

As I got off the bus I noticed Yoongi trying to catch up with me so I waited for him.

He was unbelievably slowly. "Good morning! Are you still sleeping?", I sarcastically asked him.

"You're not a morning person are you?", I chuckled as he arrived slightly out of breath.

"What... What are you even thinking of me, of course I'm not a morning person. The first time of school after the holidays I came too late to school because I fell asleep in the bus."

"I know. I was in the bus that day and I'm really sorry, I saw you sleeping but I didn't know you and thought that you maybe didn't even go to our school", I admitted, trying to hold back my laughter but failing.