-An un-wanted exit never goes to plan. [Chapter 4]

CHAPTER FOUR- An unwanted exit never goes to plan.

“Louis stop that right now you’re gonna rip your trousers and I-“

Too late. Rolling my eyes I dropped the tape measures I had cradled in my arms onto the dresser and made my way over to him fully prepared to give him a good smack. Especially after the minutes I spent stitching the back pocket back on. But I knew that wouldn’t exactly go down well with Claire after this morning’s incidents so I refrained from violence and settled with my standard death stare as he cringed.

“I’m sorry, look I had to get warmed up; you can fix it, right? I mean I’m sure it won’t be that hard and besides-“

“There is no way I have time to stich up the whole seam and besides it’d be too noticeable. Take them off and chuck them by the box, you’re gonna have to get a whole outfit change. You’re a freaking idiot, you know that?”

I said coolly as I returned to the wardrobe to find some new trousers and braces for him. This really was ridiculous. This is the third pair of trousers he’s ripped by thrusting, you would think the boy would learn, but no.

I chucked a pair of red turn ups at him which he caught grinning and sending me a wink as he slipped into them. I rolled my eyes turning my back to attend to Zayn who had just walked in tweaking with his hair again.

“How many times have you been told not to touch your hair?”

I said tiredly as he smirked a bit.

“I’m sorry it’s just that it doesn’t feel right, it hasn’t got that pa-zaz tonight, you know?”

Not him as well.

“It looks fine.”

“No it doesn’t I mean just look at that bit and-“

“Shut the hell up you are making more of a fuss than I do.”

“Fine,” He snapped. “I’ll just go and get Harry’s opinion since the fashion expert here is clearly blind thank you.”

“Harry has no idea about hair Zayn; I mean have you seen his? You should be asking me for hair advice.”

Louis chuckled and Zayn just rolled his eyes proceeding to the next room in search of Harry.

“So where are you watching from tonight Ash? Are you staying with Elise?”

Louis asked as he snapped his braces against his shirt with a flick sound.

“No.”

I said with a hint of disgust.

“Oh. Don’t you like her? I thought you worked together?”

“We do.”

Sooo what’s the problem?”

“There isn’t one. I just don’t want to watch from out there.”

Sooo where are you going to watch from?”

I shrugged.

“I’ll probably just hang back here or something.

“But you won’t be able to see from back here…”

“Exactly.”

He looked a bit bewildered by this and a tad upset. Maybe that was harsh. But one thing I’ve learnt in the year I’ve spent living in New York is that life is harsh and sometimes, shit happens. Too much would be an understatement but maybe there’s nothing you can do, or maybe there is, there’s really no telling but sometimes it takes a certain someone or something to make you realise that the answer’s always been right in front of you. I am yet to find this answer, but the moral here is, that Louis clearly does not understand, is that life’s harsh, most people are bitches and life isn’t all unicorns, fluffy clouds and rainbows. However much it may seem to be.