-Mr Sarcastic. [Chapter 52]

CHAPTER FIFTY TWO- Mr Sarcastic.

I froze and mentally cursed myself for not locking that door. He could have called, text me, something to warn me that he was coming. I had a pretty terrible feeling about this. I no way did see this coming; it seems as if every time something goes right, Niall and I finally think we’re alone; we’re not. There’s always someone to cockblock, to stir things up, make things awkward, something always happens. For a moment it seemed as if everything just stopped – obviously since a guy had just walked into my apartment – Niall encircled an arm around my waist and used his other hand to press his fingers against my inner thigh make shots of crave flood me. Which at this moment, really was not very helpful. I still wasn’t looking as my head buried in Niall’s shoulder and he was probably very confused –but Niall I could explain to – Justin, not so much, not right now anyway; with Niall here and everything. In a way I was kind of mad at Justin; this was mine and Niall’s time. And surely if I was home and wasn’t opening the door – it should have been clear I wasn’t in the mood to socialise, I was, but only with Niall. I could hear nothing and for a moment I wondered if Justin was still there but then I felt Niall leant down his lips against my ear as he held my hair away from it.

“Is that him?”

He asked in one of the quietest whispers I’d probably ever head him use, so much so that I almost didn’t hear it so I was content that Justin hadn’t. But that didn’t make this situation any better. To say that Justin was pissed off when he found out that Niall had cheated on me was a complete understatement. I’d warned him many times that it was between Niall and I and that he wasn’t to get involved, but not everyone listens. I decided to play this cool and decided that to go off at Justin in front of Niall would not exactly be the best idea since I had told Niall that he was my best friend. I had coincidentally left out the part about him wanting to ‘give the major shit’ to Niall after what he did, and I wasn’t planning on adding it in now, or ever. And I hoped Justin wasn’t planning to either. But I suppose like a lot of things, only time will tell.

“Uh huh.”

I breathed and Niall took a few seconds to contemplate this, I lifted my head up from his shoulder and instantly sprung my gaze in Justin’s direction who was just kind of stood by the door with his hands in his pockets giving me an unreadable look. I forced a small smile but I received nothing but an unchanged and impassive expression back, figures, Justin. I was about to ask him why he was here but it seemed as if Niall was going to make an effort to be nice, considering he had misconnected majorly my relationship with Justin. He couldn’t of walked in at a worse time though – not to mention we were both in nothing but underwear – all I had on to cover up was a loose t-shirt but my bottom half – exposed. This is bad.

“Hi, I’m Niall!” Niall greeted Justin brightly and with that infamous smile of his, I said nothing as I glared at Justin but he was keen to just glare back at me. “You must be Justin, right?”

Niall continued to smile as he fired this question when he didn’t get a reply the first time. I almost slapped a palm to my forehead but I refrained. Cool and calm Ashley, cool and calm.

“I know who you are.”

Justin replied flatly sending a brief impassive glance at Niall. Clearly slightly bewildered by Justin’s flat and emotionless speech and glares Niall let his smile slowly sink and bit his lip. I instantly felt defensive and wanted to tell Justin to be nicer to Niall, since Niall was being nice to him it would only be fair to return the favour, but no, I couldn’t cause a scene in front of Niall, I just couldn’t. I racked my brains for something to say as they were both now looking at me expectantly waiting for me to make an action, say something, motion something, just do anything.