-Refusal and broken hope. [Chapter 56]

CHAPTER FIFTY SIX- Refusal and broken hope.

As I turned over feeling the warm patch I had so recently been enduring in slip away as the sheets moved along with my movement I was slightly startled when I was immediately met with Niall’s eyes against mine. He smiled at me and I returned it and then cuddled into his chest enjoying the feeling of warmth that was now provided by my boyfriend and no longer the patch of warmth that had escaped me a few seconds ago. The feel of his lips against my forehead made a tentative smile spread across my lips as I let my fingers roam over his bare chest and in response to this he let his trace down my back sending shocks through me running up and down my spine.

“I love you.”

He breathed his breath breezing through my hair and skimming across my cheek. My smile only grew wider at his words that every time seemed to mean more than the last. But we both knew they weren’t enough, they meant a lot, but not enough, the passion behind our relationship was indescribable and I had a feeling it always would be. No matter what. I lifted my head from his chest and looked up at him, I strained my neck upwards placing my lips on his softly.

“I love you too.”

I whispered against his mouth causing my tentative smile to fever onto his lips as he kissed me again and then I pulled away nuzzling back into him feeling the warmth I got from his body extremely calming. I found just being with him extremely calming, but I especially loved waking up like this after such a heated night. Or at least it had been for the best part, that he was awake for. I hadn’t mentioned the Louis incident to him, or anyone, mainly because it had been about six hours ago and I hadn’t seen anyone else since he persuaded me to leave him alone and go back to Niall.

“I should hope so.”

He chuckled into my hair. I just smiled as I slid my arms either side of his waist bringing myself closer to him. I could feel what a mess my hair must have been but I didn’t care, and besides, his was too, but he looked a lot cuter with scruffy hair than I did. But it didn’t exactly bother me, in fact I really wasn’t all that bothered at all how I looked around Niall anymore, that wasn’t going to say I was never going to make an effort with my appearance, of course I was. I would never feel happy if I didn’t, but if he didn’t care, then why should I?

I felt his hands grip onto my hips pulling me on top of him he smiled up at me as he encircled his arms around my body and pressed a palm lightly on my back slowly forcing me down so there was no space between us. I could feel his chest and rising and fall against mine and the pulsation of his heart was tranquil as it so cliché-ley beat against mine.

“You know,” He said against my mouth and then retracted a little so he could look at me straight on. I raised my eye-brows urging him to continue as he let his lips brush mine once more before they tugged up into an angelic and mellow smile. “I can’t wait until we can wake up like this every morning…but on our own.”

He grinned and then lightly placed his lips back onto mine.

“We are on our own.”

I reminded him my sentence outputting into a muffled whisper against his lips.

“You know what I mean.”

He replied dismissively before placing a hand behind my neck and drawing me back in for a few more artless kisses. And I did know what he meant, and I couldn’t suppress the frequent speed of my heart that effected knowing exactly what he meant. It was one thing to endure an intimate relationship, it was another to build a life upon it. And there was something quite beautiful about that, how you could meet someone as a stranger and a matter of time later be building your lives together, moulding to fit each other and knowing that you fit perfectly.