-Broken family and phone calls. [Chapter 19]

CHAPTER NINETEEN- Broken family and phone calls.

“Kill me.” Niall breathed leaning forward in his seat as his fingers scrabbled hastily all over the controller. “I dare you.”

I smirked comparing how organised and slowly but surely, each movement a winner my fingers moved across my controller compared to his.

“I told you,” I mused smugly as I gained another ten points. “I still have the knack.”

He rolled his eyes making a few more prominent jabs with his fingers at the controller and then threw it down in frustration as he just stared at his slowly dying animated character displayed on the screen in HD, LCD and surround sound for his own virtual suicide observing benefits.

“Awh calm down Nialler, maybe you’ll win next time.”

I patted him on the shoulder all while keeping my game in active action as I continued to beat his character into oblivion.

“Do you know how morally wrong and embarrassing it is to have your girlfriend beat you at your own best game?”

He reasoned sighing inwardly as he sunk back into the sofa crossing his arms over his chest huffing as he watched me beat him to shame for the sixth time. I smiled as the bright blue text proclaimed that I had won and I smirked at him as I set my controller down onto the arm of the sofa. I sunk back into the sofa next to him but he refused to look at me keeping his arms folded on his chest and a scowl playing on his lips.

“Oh come on. Best of five?”

I reasoned smiling at him, he just continued to frown.

“We already did that.”

He mumbled and I almost laughed, I knew all too well we already had. It was just so entertaining to tease about it.

“Well, if you’re going to sulk about it then I guess I’ll just go and make some business calls or something…”

I shrugged dismissively as I got up and slowly made my way out. But he shot back up grabbing my wrist and pulling me back.

“No! I’m okay now. Can we just play something else? Preferably something you can’t play to save your life…”

I smirked as I retreated back into the room and I was about to sit back down to sift through the pile of games but I was abruptly pulled onto his lap and shifted into a position which would be impossible to get out of if I wanted to.

“Or,” He shrugged drawing me closer to him and resting his forehead on mine. “We could just forget the game completely…”

“But…” I bit my lip shuffling even closer. “We only have about an hour until they get back.”

I reminded him as he began twisting a piece of hair around his finger.

“Mmm but no. Zayn text me to say that Harry and Louis are pissed so they’re stopping at a hotel for the night.”

“And you didn’t think to volunteer up this information earlier?”

I raised my eye-brows and he shrugged.

“I was too busy with thrashing you at fifa.”

“But you didn’t thrash me though, did you?”

I giggled and he frowned.

“Close enough.”

He scoffed and I just smiled pressing my lips to his for a few seconds before pulling away and moving his arms so I could slide off his lap. He just watched me as I walked away to the kitchen and flicked the light on.