-You're fired. [Chapter 61]

CHAPTER SIXTY ONE- You're fired.

Adam Levine’s voice sawing over the notes of the song I grew up with was keeping me sane as I refused to open my eyes. Listening to his slightly off key vocals glide so freely over the lyrics that were full of melodic promise made a tentative smile spread across my lips. Reaching my fingers out I rested my hand on the armrest of the sofa and let my fingertips entangle with the soft and scruffy mess that was Niall’s hair savouring the feel of his chest falling and rising rhythmically with each breath he took.

Suddenly the lyrics came to an abrupt stop and a bit of crackle was emitted from the speakers followed by the fed up huffing of someone. Furrowing my brow I groaned as I turned over snuggling over further into Niall and ignoring the failure of the speakers. He moved slightly with my movement and I felt him run a hand up my thigh past my hips and slip it underneath my top. Smirking at this I encircled an arm around him tracing a finger down his chest and settling it on his stomach tracing circles as his creeped further up my body. Just as he started to tug at my bra strap the sound of someone clearing their throat filled the silence we had been enduring and we both froze, his hand moved to my back as we slowly lifted ourselves up and squinted at the light that had invaded the room.

“Fuck off we’re tired…”

Niall moaned wrapping his arms around me and pulling me down so there was no space between us. Another clearing of someone’s throat. Niall groaned and then pushed me up with him as he sat bolt upright rubbing his eyes. Turning around to see who had woken us from our sane slumber I almost fell off the sofa at the sight of Claire scowling at us. Nudging Niall in the ribs he scrunched his face up as he finally opened his eyes and gathered his surroundings.

“What was that, Niall?”

She arched an eye-brow. I assumed it must have been fairly late in the morning as her make-up and hair was done and she was dressed in not so casual clothes. And with the knowledge that she never got up before nine it must have been at least eleven. As if she hasn’t been on our case enough lately. Surely, just one night, one night together.

Niall’s eyes widened as they met with Claire’s and then he scowled encircling his arms around me again and sliding me onto his lap he rested his chin on my shoulder running his fingers through my hair seeming fairly casual about this.

“He said they’re tired. So maybe you should let them sleep.”

A new voice chimed in. It was a few seconds before Harry’s remark received a response. It just lingered in the air for a few seconds, sweet to us, and sour to Claire. He shrugged carelessly as he crossed the last step and ran a hand through his hair flipping it from his eyes. Niall smirked at this pulling me closer to him as Claire slowly turned to look at Harry. Her elbows stuck out as she placed her hands on her hips her lips forming a thin straight line as she glared at him. He gave her one raised eye-brow and then sauntered causally to the coffee table picking up a magazine and flipping through it like this was the most casual situation in the world.

“What was that, Harold?”

He looked up at her chucking the magazine back down onto the coffee table he slipped his hands into his pockets giving another shrug. His expression was completely calm as he gave her a pointed look pressing his lips together he then licked his lower one once as he looked around the room and ran his fingers through his dark and dense curls again.

“You know I really think you need your ears tested.”

He gave a light eye-roll and then walked off to the kitchen all while Claire just stood there. Niall chuckled at this and made no point of hiding it as he did so. Carefully his hands creeped further around my waist and he pressed his fingertips against the area by my hips caressing it lightly. A total of thirty seconds later, a prominent silence evitable, Harry returned from the kitchen. The smell of granulated coffee and buttery biscuits wafted from the open door as he emerged shoving a biscuit between his lips, hot on his heels was Liam, he gave me a simper of a smile as he watched Harry settle a beanie over his curls. I gave them both a questioning look but they said nothing.