-Expose yourself in picture. [Chapter 30]

CHAPTER THIRTY- Expose yourself in picture.

Casting my gaze to the other side of the room I took in a sleeping Niall. His hair was scruffy and he had a small smile playing on his lips which were parted slightly the way they always were when he slept. I suddenly felt a whole lot less motivated to leave for America today, I couldn’t stand the thought that we had just come back to each other again after so long apart in our eyes and now I had to leave again. Putting another ocean between us, another few weeks, but then after a few more weeks apart if everything went to plan, we’d hopefully have Christmas together in Ireland and that’d be nice, well that’d be more than nice. Last year when I went there with him was magical, and that’s an understatement. Those few days I spent there with him were probably some of the best memories I’ve created with him, and we’ve created a lot. Besides, everybody knows life’s all about creating memories, about living for the moment so even if things don’t turn out the way you want them to or don’t turn out into the ideal you can always look back and say you had a fantastic time creating that memory, living that moment and being with that person. I still can’t put my life on Niall and I being together forever, because however much we want to be right now you can’t predict the future, but I know that wherever we both end up one day, together or not, no matter what happened I’ll still be able to look back and never regret things I did with Niall and being with Niall. Even if things haven’t been totally smooth since we first met last year that by no means, means that I regret falling in love with him, because I don’t and I know I never will.

I sucked in some air as I put my phone back onto the floor and shuffled back over next to him easily slipping back into the tight embrace we were in before I got up. Snuggling into his chest that was slowly rising and falling with each breath he took I let a wide smile play across my lips at just being with him like this. Tracing my fingers over his bare stomach I felt the feelings of compassion and love for him sparking inside of me flooding with that same swoony and in love feeling that I’ve endured so heavily in indulging myself in these past twelve hours or so. Twelve hours of bliss, aside from the slight doorbell incident but that’s irrelevant now, it’s just nice to be here with him. I felt his arm tighten around me slightly and I took this opportunity to breathe in, amercing myself in his scent. Since I was going to miss it so much along with many other countless things when I left for New York again today.

It was going to be weird, slipping back into that routine again after so long, being on my own in New York again, in my apartment. I was weary about going back there, to say the least, I hadn’t spent a night there alone since it got broken into and Niall’s extremely apprehensive about letting me. But what else was I supposed to do? I had to go back to work some when and I also had to sleep somewhere, my apartment was paid for by my employers, most things were so I kind of had to use it. It wasn’t like I wasn’t apprehensive too after everything that had been going on since then, my studio, strange notes and noises. It could just all be coincidence but I had a strange gut wrenching feeling that it wasn’t, that it was something more of a cause for concern than that.

Bringing me from my uneasy thoughts was the very easy and blessed feel of Niall’s lips against my forehead planting a soft and ever so light kiss to my skin leaving it tingling with craving for him, and it was only the early hours.

“Good morning beautiful.”

He breathed his breath warm against my skin and I let my smile spread wider as he began to shift slightly beside me pulling me closer to him.

“Morning.”

I whispered grazing my lips with his and he smiled tilting my chin up and pressing his lips mine in a feathery and quick peck.

“Do me a favour and don’t go to America?”

He frowned wrapping both of his arms around me and hugging me to him tightly and fumbling his lips against my temple again.