-Don't be nice. [Chapter 15]

CHAPTER FIFTEEN- Don't be nice.

We’re going out.” Louis repeated as if this was going to make it seem any better. “And you and Niall aren’t, therefore, it’s only fair that you cook dinner for us for when we get back.”

“How is it fair?”

I retorted while Niall just sat there tapping away on his phone deciding he wasn’t going to get involved in this one but really, I think he just wanted the food.

“Ashley, you know you love us. And besides, we totally got you off the hook from Claire so you owe us…”

“You were the ones who got me into trouble in the first place!”

I protested but he just rolled his eyes already sliding on his sunglasses.

“See ya later guys I’ll look forward to my meal!”

He said with a wave and a pat on my shoulder practically running out and pushing the others out the door of the beach house and I listened as they stumbled down the steps.

Niall looked up at me from his seat in the corner his blue eyes staring into mine through his hair and I felt my heart start to beat a little bit faster at this. He slid his phone back into his pocket and offered me a small smile.

“So…what are we making?”

He asked timidly and I shrugged as I leant against the wall.

“There are um…some cookbooks in the cupboards. You could have a look through there, I mean if you wanted to.”

He suggested biting his lip and I shrugged.

“Sure.”

And with that I walked away to the kitchen, he hung back for a few seconds and then I heard his footsteps behind me. I stood on my tiptoes as I attempted to make a grab for the Jamie’s 30 minute meals cookbook that was on the shelf but it was just out of reach. He chuckled as he realised my situation.

“Need a bit of help?”

He asked and I just looked at him as he already reached up with ease taking the book down and dumping it onto the worktop as a cloud of dust accompanied it.

“Geez how long has that been up there?”

I asked waving a hand and he shrugged.

“Dunno, it was here when we got here. It was published in 2009 so possibly a long time.”

“Lovely.”

I mused with slight sarcasm and he just smiled at this his eyes not leaving the book as he flicked through the pages.

“What about…” He chimed in after a minute’s or so silence. “We ditch this, get a takeaway and tell them we ate it all before they got back?”

Niall suggested seeming completely serious and I rolled my eyes.

“We will do this properly. Give me the book and I’ll find something.”

I said taking it from him and perching on a stall by the island as I flicked through to the index.

“Good because I don’t know what half of those things are and that’s saying something.”

He shrugged running a hand through his hair as he watched me.

“Go wash your hands.”

I instructed and he smirked.

“Clean freak.”

He teased and I rolled my eyes waving him off to the bathroom.

“Did you use soap?”