-Just be honest. [Chapter 45]

CHAPTER FORTY FIVE- Just be honest.

A sharp pang of pain channelled through my bones and I rolled over uncomfortably. I grimaced at it and then shut my eyes even tighter, as if seeing any light was going to seriously injure me, which maybe it was, it sure felt that way. I moved an arm around me, trying to gather my surroundings, this smelt like home – which was always good – I didn’t know what I would do if I had woken up somewhere else. But the smell of home was faint, distant and not at all prominent. Over powering it was the uneasy and always worrying stench of alcohol that was cluttering the air, filling my nostrils. It not only made me sick with worry about what had happened last night, but was also overly keen to inflict an undeniable throbbing in my temples. I lifted a palm –shaky as I did so – to my forehead. It felt hot and sticky with sweat but I couldn’t deny that there was an algid shiver racing through my body. I better not be sick. I waited a few seconds as I just stayed like that, hoping that maybe, any second now, the might just all disappear. Unfortunately though, no such thing happened. I cursed myself for drinking so much last night, but it seemed a good idea at the time. To just forget about all those worries I had piled on top of me. A few more seconds passed, and still – nothing changed – so I concluded that this was my punishment for drowning my problems instead of facing them. I sat up, slowly, but obviously not slowly enough as my head whirred with both pain and dizziness as I did so. So I stopped, halfway sat up my back was arced as I waited for it to settle again, when it did, back into that painful throbbing I forced my eyes open, the curtain lifting on my surroundings.

I was in the living room, that much was clear, on the sofa, that was clear too. The curtains were closed although the daylight was forcing itself through and even that, hurt my eyes. I rolled my gaze around the room trying to decipher when and who with I had arrived here. I was way too drunk to have put myself on this sofa, so what was going on? I sincerely hoped Liam hadn’t come to rescue my intoxicated butt again. But maybe that would have been better than the other possible scenarios that were running through my head. My eyes settled on the clock, mocking me almost.

3:05 PM.

I watched the seconds waste away, silently teasing me, asking me how much longer I was going to loll around on this sofa feeling sorry for myself. I didn’t know. Maybe all day. Or maybe even for the rest of my life, after all, one thing I do remember last night was the paparazzi, but it was all such a daze of dizzy intoxication I was way too drunk to do anything. So I knew that many bad things were going to come out of my drowning sorrows session last night. One thing was that I was definitely in for a couple of lectures, Liam (I didn’t doubt would be the first one) Then probably management, or someone. In fact, I was so drunk last night, and with a girl which would surely be twisted to be my new girlfriend (said girl also drunk so god knows what happened) that I didn’t doubt I would be in for a few words possibly even from my family, or somebody I was close to. After all, I didn’t doubt that I probably done some pretty stupid things last night. I don’t even know how I made it back here and maybe, I didn’t even want to know.

And then it hit me. Ashley. I was gonna be in some trouble with her. Me getting drunk? She didn’t care, as long as I was having fun, but then I realised that this scenario seemed awfully familiar. The whole time I was slowly wasting myself in alcohol; I was with Jess. And there were paparazzi; I didn’t doubt that the pictures they took of us were already circling the internet, claiming her to be my new girlfriend. Or maybe even just a one night stand. I didn’t doubt that they would throw in the hint that we got off with each other either and probably –just for a bit of fun because hey ho what else could go wrong – the mention of Ashley somewhere. I almost slapped a hand to my forehead, but I spared myself the pain, since it was throbbing enough already.  And I didn’t even think I could feel any more stupid. Deciding that right now the anxiety was killing me and what the current situation with Ash was I turned my phone on, squinting as the light seemed too bright too, hurting my head and my eyes. And my body was still sporting that dreadful ache.