-Rain, protein and accusations. [Chapter 6]

CHAPTER SIX- Rain, protein and accusations.

“What the fuck happened to you Ashley Jessica Dawson?! It’s on the news that where you work got robbed three days ago and we have heard nothing from you! Ash the men were armed, what the actual fuck, are you okay?!”

Ellie rushed through my speakers as I soon as I accepted her call. I sighed inwardly, it wasn’t like I didn’t want her to care but I somehow couldn’t be bothered for her to. Maybe the only person I really wanted to care right now was the person who didn’t need nor want to, Niall. He’s so freaking close, but he’s still so far.

“Relax. Nothing happened to me. The place is shut for the next few weeks.”

She was silent for a moment and I could almost hear the puzzle pieces snapping together in her brain as she deciphered and made sense of the scenario I had given her. I didn’t know if I wanted her to, I mean everything was so complicated already with this ‘job’ and enough people knew, I didn’t need Ellie to know. And I definitely didn’t need or want my Mother to know either.

“Wait, if it’s shut then what are you doing for the next few weeks? Oh my god you can come back to London for a bit and-“

“I have another job, here.”

“Oh, really? Ashley you don’t have to lie to me, don’t worry, the boys and Niall are in America at the moment so you won’t run into them if you come back here.”

I know they are. They are right across the hall from me.

“Seriously, I am not lying. I have a time filler job and I can’t go back to London.”

“Oh, well, that’s a shame. What is it?”

“Don’t worry.”

I said a bit too quickly and there was a silence for a second and I knew she was thinking about this deeply trying to analyse my awkwardness and faint remarks.

“Wait a minute…” Oh no. “I swear there was something online about you being at a…One Direction concert the other night. Ashley, what is going on?”

I dug my nails into my palm feeling the pain as something that covered up how awkward this was for me. How exactly do you tell your sister that you are now the temporary stylist for your ex-boyfriend’s band?

“Um, nothing’s going on.”

“Don’t give me that Ashley something’s going on. Has something happened between you and Niall? Are you back together?”

“What? No, of course we’re not.”

I remarked and I could almost picture her smirking.

“Right, well you going to tell me what’s going on then?”

I exhaled loudly and now was the time that I really hoped I wasn’t being eavesdropped on.

“Fine, but you can’t tell Mum or Dad or Mallory or anyone. Okay?”

“Whatever floats your boat sista. Just tell me!”

“I’m their stylist.”

I blurted out and there was another silence.

“You…You mean as in One Direction’s stylist?”

“That is what I said.”

“Are you fucking serious?”

“I’m not going to joke about something like that.”

“Lucky bitch.”

“Lucky? Are you kidding me?”