-Mysteries, strangers and suspicions. [Chapter 18]

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN- -Mysteries, strangers and suspicions.

The warm L.A breeze picked up a bit flipping the pages of my paperback until it shut and all hope of finding that page again was lost, but I didn’t have the motivation to care, not a lot was going to ruin my good mood. I looked up and around me and observed how well the sun was trickling through the canopy of branches above me glistening against the icy coolness of the fresh and warm water that lay before me. This place was amazing and it was the third time I had been here and I just loved amercing myself in it. You would never think that something as beautiful as this place would be located in L.A. The fast life of alcohol, big shot money and illegal substances that could also provide for somewhere so pure, simple and sheerly a planned to perfection movie scene, in fact it wasn’t, it was completely real though, and what got me was that nobody was ever here. It seemed as if yet again, this had to be our place, un-discovered and almost immune to the tainted atmosphere that the Earth has become, a million miles away from the modern world, it was just bliss.

I tugged at the strings of my bikini underneath my white tank top, itchy. I of course wasn’t going to take the top off when I went into the water but I felt it would be more practical than ruining another bra with un-planned swimming activities with the king of spontaneous.

I jumped as I felt arms wrap around me but soon smiled as he began pressing kisses to my neck and I turned my head to kiss him properly dis-regarding my book to the side somewhere.

“Hello Miss Dawson.”

Niall mused shuffling over next to me now as he immediately began running his fingers through my tousled waves. I smiled as I rested my head on his chest breathing in his scent that I still adored as much as him.

“Afternoon.”

I replied biting my lip as I scanned the water before us looking down at our entwined fingers and smiling.

“How long have you been here?”

He asked playing with the chain of my necklace his fingers occasionally brushing my skin making me feel all warm again. I shrugged.

“Half an hour?”

“Sorry. Louis was being all suspicious and made me finish like twelve games of COD with him…”

“It’s okay, I like it here. But did you win?”

“Of course I did.”

“That’s alright then.”

“Tonight?”

He asked wiggling his eye-brows at me and I snapped my gaze up to his rolling my eyes at his cheeky smile.

“What about the boys…”

“What about them? They’re going out and I’m gonna be ironically really ill and you’re gonna have a lot of work to catch up on…I will warn you I have new tactics.”

He chuckled as we switched to a laying position and he put his arm around me pulling me into him.

“I’ll still win, but, it’s not exactly fair cus I haven’t been on an Xbox in months…”

“Shut up you insist you’re so skilled so you’ll be fine little miss I’m the best gamer in the world.”

He teased prodding my stomach playfully and I just smiled snuggling further into his chest as he continued to run his fingers through my hair smoothing out any possible tangles. When down, my hair was always imperfect so it didn’t surprise me that there were a lot.

“I was thinking,”

I began and he raised his eye-brows.

“Well why does that not surprise me?”