-Looks can be deceiving. [Chapter 13]

CHAPTER THIRTEEN- Looks can be deveiving.

Niall’s POV:

I let her sink further into my body engulfing her trembling one in my own as she cried into my t-shirt.

“Shhh,” I soothed tracing circles in the small of her back, her soft spot. “It’s okay, I’m here.”

She sucked in some air through her teeth and I couldn’t believe we were doing this again and she was letting me. Letting me hold her while she cried again, this was all so familiar from last year but it was all so new at the same time. I then realised how much I had missed this and how much I still loved her.

“We’re gonna get so killed if Claire finds us.”

She choked out almost sounding humorous but she was upset, extremely. I just shook my head as I let her nuzzle further into my chest.

“Shhh. Tell me what he said Ash.”

I pushed slightly as I continued to let my fingers roam her warm skin tracing circles on her back. She just shook her head.

“It…It was one thing too far.”

She told me and I said nothing back to that as I rested my chin on top of her head daring to run my fingers through her tangled waves as I used to. This was un-believable, it felt weird to be this close physically with her again but it felt right, so freaking right and I almost couldn’t contain how happy I was that she was letting me do this again, letting us do this again even if it was for the wrong reasons. It just felt to freaking good to have her in my arms again and not be constantly wondering whose arms she was supposedly in but I knew this wasn’t forever or maybe not even until tomorrow. The current circumstances just don’t allow it and it’s killing me.

“Look,” She said hastily wiping at her eyes as she sat up out of my arms but the tears were still streaming however hard she tried to make them stop, I knew this was everything coming out right now, this was what was underneath the cool mask she’s been putting on for the past two weeks. “I’m sorry. This is…We shouldn’t even be up right now. I don’t wanna get you into trouble with Claire, you have a signing tomorrow like first thing and-“

She stopped herself as she noticed the single tear that was spilling down my cheek. I hadn’t even felt the weakness I was possessing until I felt the warm liquid slide down my cheek and I then realised I was crying again. But then again I wasn’t, it was one tear and I wasn’t going to let anymore slide as I knew I had to be strong for her. How was I going to explain this? I mean, just look at her, I don’t even know what her relationship status is I can’t tell her how I feel about her still, not right now, not in these circumstances, it’s not what she needs.

“Why…Why are you crying?”

She stuttered and I shrugged my eyes glued to the tears that were still streaming down her cheeks thick and fast like she had been starved of a good cry for years.

“I don’t like it.” I told her not exactly sure what I meant myself. “I don’t like seeing you like this.”

She just looked at me for a moment her lips parted slightly. She lifted a single finger wiping at her eyes again and her tears had actually slowed down a bit as she just continued to stare at me. Her cheeks were slightly flushed giving them a rosy tint and her lips were red with the amount of tears they had taken and the amount of times she had rubbed them together and bit down on her lower one that way she does. Her eyelashes were damp with the tears she had shed and her eyes were red a bit of make-up lingering that she hadn’t washed off properly, her hair was tangled where she had been led with her head on my chest but despite all this, she still to me, looked absolutely beautiful.