-Mysterious Perfection. [Chapter 64]

CHAPTER SIXTY FOUR- Mysterious Perfection.

I shifted in my seat folding my legs up underneath me, the leather sofa against my bare legs was cool and made my skin slightly saw but I savoured the feel nonetheless. I was going to miss this old leather sofa that had been so good to us, the nights we slept on it, the make out sessions we had on it, and the general times we had just sat here being ourselves. That was needless to say that I wasn’t excited though, more like buzzing, and even that was an understatement. I rolled my gaze across the room at all the boxes stacked neatly around the room, and the whole house. It was a surreal thing to think that all of these boxes contained our life. Or at least most of it. We had taken the audacity to leave the boys a very nice holiday snap of us from Ireland. And Niall had even taken the gratitude to nail it up on the wall right above the mantel piece so they could look at us every time they sat in the living room. And of course, we had taken the time to have it framed and blown up to canvas size as well. So generous.

“So that really happened and he really did all that?”

Justin clarified through the speaker of my phone that I had clamped to my ear. I knew he wouldn’t hold a grudge against me forever the same as I wouldn’t against him. It was like an unspoken rule between us that we would never leave our bickers lingering forever even if we never resumed our friendship to what it used to be. And even though it was going to be brief and maybe more distant now that I was permanently living in London it was still nice to know we were back on decent terms again, well, almost anyway.

Vacantly I rolled my gaze around the room taking in all the smiling faces pinned onto the walls staring back at me. There were so many pictures, so many memories etched onto the crisp white walls and yet there were so many things that weren’t. It was needless to say that there was pretty much reminders that Niall and I spent a lot of time here together in pretty much every room. Our abstract painting in the long laminate hall on the left wing of the house, the little notes we left for each other that never seemed to get chucked away and you’d find one straddling in the bottom of a drawer, the top of the fridge. There were so many more, too many to list. A smile twitched at my lips as the provisional opportunities spread their neat works throughout my brain at how new, yet exciting this was going to be for us. A warm feeling fizzed in my gut and I was finding it harder and harder to suppress the ever growing grin playing across my lips.

“Yes, it did. But it was my fault. Of course he did, he cares Justin, he really isn’t an asshole like some guys you know, he’s really sweet.”

Examining my nails I took a self-conscious glance behind me to check nobody was stood there listening to my conversation. That seemed to happen way too often at the worst of times. When they weren’t I smiled satisfied with the agenda for today and the next few weeks as I ran my thumb nail over the one of my ring finger therefore chipping the nail polish that apparently hadn’t dried yet. Sighing to myself I kept my phone pressed between my shoulder and ear leaning forward I dipped the brush into the Peach fresh nail lacquer. Spreading the bristles across my nail as it coated it in the thick liquid a sudden cool breath of air floated past me. Furrowing my brow I screwed the cap back onto the polish and placed it onto the coffee table and got up with my phone still clamped in between my shoulder and ear.

My feet were silent as I padded across the tiles; the smooth surface was cool through my socked feet and made them feel slightly numb with how cold they were. Rolling my eyes as I realised somebody had left the fridge open I leant forward sniffing in order to locate any pungent smells that would suggest something had gone off. But there were none so I shut the door making the whole fridge shake slightly.

“I didn’t say he was…I’m just surprised that’s all. But I’m happy for you, you both I mean. Hey…Is he there?”

Justin asked and I ran my gaze around the room again and leant forward in my seat the sofa cushions squeaking as I did so. Straining my neck to look out the window I noted that no, they still weren’t back yet. But they weren’t supposed to be and not a lot was going to ruin my good mood so I continued to smile as I pressed my back against the sofa the surface warm and pampered.