-Teach me. [Chapter 36]

CHAPTER THIRTY SIX- Teach me.

"If I'm right," Niall pondered as he rolled his eyes across the sky that was now overcast with thick white and grey clouds, the stars concealed behind the dense layers of weather. "It's about to start snowing."

I looked at him and then cast my gaze across the endless channel of clouds towering over us.

"White Christmas? No way. Who are you, the weather ma-"

At that precise moment as I was about to finish my tease of a sentence the velvety vision of a small and soft snowflake landing on my coat halted me to an abrupt stop. And then as the smirk began to rise on Niall's lip I felt a few pass my skin, brushing my cheeks and settling on my collar, one went on my nose as well and a few seconds later they were coming down in a white satin flurry gracefully dancing in the air they were hastily covering ground, dissolving into the river, cluttering our clothes, skin, hair. It was everywhere.

"What was that?"

Niall grinned pressing his forehead against mine. I ignored him continuing to run my gaze around us and admire how pretty it was. And how nice this was too, to sit here with him by this river on Christmas at night with the unsuspected snow gracing us with it's silken presence as it whipped around our bodies a cool breeze accompanying it and the chilly night air it was tumbling down into from the overcast sky. It was an impressible sight, especially if you looked to the far right and followed the defining treeline to the hills where even through the dazed cloaked darkness of the night you could already see the snow thickening as it blanketed the ground in a dense cover on the peak of the hills.

"We should walk up there one day."

Niall suggested in a brief whisper, his breath was a warm mist against my neck as his lips brushed my ear. I looked at him as he followed my previous gaze to the hills a small smile quirking at the corner of his lips.

"Where?"

I questioned even though I had a pretty good idea where.

"Up the hills, there's this really old castle up there."

"Ooh get you, you historian."

I joked and he smiled sliding his gaze away from the picturesque view, latching it with mine.

"No it's got an amazing view though, you never know, might get some really good shots from up there..."

This was enough to convince me. It'd be nice to get some countryside shots for my new landscape and city portfolio, it's filled with shots of mainly the lights from New York, and the bridge and London Eye from London and it'd be nice to get some contrast in there. Because maybe life isn't all about keeping things on the same line, sometimes it's nice to let some colour splash the black and white world, to expand out, explore and add in some contrast sometimes. Because we all know, that the same old thing gets boring after a while.

"Take me to this place of promising photography opportunities."

I demanded giggling and even going slightly over excited at the thought of feeling my camera in my hands again, rekindling the emotion of capturing the moment there and then, there's something certain about that, like you're never quite sure if you will ever see that moment, that image again, so it's quite settling to know you can press the shutter and you'll have that moment to forever hold onto. There's just something rewarding about it that never gets old.

"Oh I will."

Niall mused smiling as he dropped a kiss onto my forehead feeling his fingers through my hair that had evaded my hat.