-Summer nights and fun fair lights. [Chapter 10]

CHAPTER TEN- Summer nights and fun fair lights.

Ashley’s POV:

“Hey Lou wanna hear my brilliant joke about bacon?”

Harry’s voice had a clear smile in his tone as I listened to their conversation over the sizzling and spitting sound of the breakfast they were cooking. I stood at the bottom of the stairs still dumbfounded as to what their surprise for me today was and why I had to ‘wear something nice but don’t worry because you always look nice’.

“Go on then Harold. But I bet it’s not as good as my one about eggs.”

“Wanna bet?”

“Loser has to tell Niall?”

“Bring it on.”

Tell Niall what? Something’s going on.

“What’s the name of the play about Bacon?”

Harry recited.

“I don’t know Harold. What is the name of the play about bacon?”

“Hamlet!”

Harry exclaimed bursting into a fit of laughter and slapping his thighs for emphasis as Louis did the same and then quickly dropped his expression to a blank one.

“Get it? Ham-let?!”

Harry said still laughing and I rolled my eyes.

“Yes Harry, I get it. But mine is much better.”

“Go on then. Bring it boo bear.”

Harry challenged sobering up his laughter and folding his arms over his chest as he awaited Louis’ most likely terrible joke.

“Right. Are you sure you are ready for this extremely intelligent and well thought out piece of genius comedy?”

Louis said seriously as he made Harry abandon the pan of ironical eggs and bacon and face him as he put his hands on his shoulders making himself square with Harry.

“Yes, I think I am ready for you to shame yourself to my victory.”

“If you talk like that, you cannot be blessed with the pure intelligence it required for me to come up with this eggs-cellent joke. That was not the joke by the way.”

“I do whole heartedly apologise boo.”

Harry frowned and Louis smiled as he leaned back against the counter gearing himself up so he could crack his joke. Oh god, now I’m doing it.

“Right. What do you call an egg that goes on a safari?”

Louis asked grinning already.

“I don’t know Louis. What do you call an egg that goes a safari?”

“A…Wait for it...” Louis said already in fits of laughter as he struggled to get his words out. “An eggs-plorer!”

Now he burst into full on hysterical laughter and I couldn’t help but let a small smile tug at my lips at how immature they were but it was pretty funny, because it was so un-funny it was hilarious.

I rolled my eyes deciding that if I didn’t arrive soon enough then they would surely be questioning what was taking so long as I had already spent just over an hour getting ready.

“Hey…Morning Ash. Hey Lou let’s ask Ashley which joke she thinks is better!”

Harry suggested and I rolled my eyes as I took a seat on one of the bar stools by the island.