-Even when you think you are, you're never alone. [Chapter 37]

CHAPTER THRITY SEVEN- Even when you think you are, you're never alone.

I pulled my robe tighter around my body as I slipped out from the covers and the cold air immediately slammed against my skin making goose bumps instantly rise. I heard people come back around three this morning so I suppose nobody really had any motivation then to put the heating on, clean up or anything, which was totally understandable. I tossed my hair on top of my head into a messy and completely rough bun, I slid the hairband from my wrist and secured it around my hair. I took one last look at the sleeping figure of my boyfriend sprawled out across the covers like I was still next to him, bless. Smiling to myself I slowly cracked his bedroom door open and closed it to behind me careful to keep quiet since I knew people had been drinking last night and the last thing I wanted to do was wake anyone with a hangover. The house was dark apart from a dim lamp that had been left on in the living room that I flicked off as I settled myself on the sofa. Niall’s guitar was abandoned on the floor where we had left it last night and the cushions were still on the floor and generally messed up as well where we had been there the night before. After cleaning these up and dumping some rubbish into the kitchen bin I tucked my knees up to my chest as I turned the TV on.

I channel hopped for a few minutes before settling on the news, Niall had been mumbling something in between kisses about going to Dublin today to hit the Boxing Day sales last night but I had pondered whether we’d be able to with the snow, so I was keeping a special ear out for the traffic reports.

I snapped my gaze to the stairs as I heard a door open and then somebody begin to make their way down the stairs. I half expected it to be Niall but it was his Mum, she smiled warmly at me as she reached the bottom, returning the smile.

“Morning Ashley, are you alright dear?”

“Morning, yes I am thanks, you?”

I smiled keeping my ear out for the snow report still. She ran a hand through her hair still returning my smile.

“Oh I’m just fine thanks love. Did you and Niall get in alright last night? I knew he wouldn’t take a key but I can’t stand leaving the door unlocked. He should know what to do in those situations; he’s been in them enough times!”

I let out a light laugh as I fumbled with the ribbon on my robe.

“Yeah we went round the back.”

“Well that’s alright then love. Speaking of the devil is he still asleep? Wake him up if you like; he’ll sleep all day otherwise.”

“It’s alright it’s still early, I’ll let him sleep. He’ll wake up when he’s hungry.”

She nodded laughing at this.

“I can certainly see that happening. Have you and him got any plans for today yet?”

“Well he was saying something about going to Dublin for the sales last night but I’m not sure with this snow.”

She considered this peering back the curtain and weighing up the likelihood of us making it to Dublin in the snow.

“Mmm I suppose it depends how quickly they clear the roads. But you know Niall; he’ll be thinking he can go anywhere anyway.”

“Probably.”

I grinned and she returned it.

“Well I think it’s a bit too cold for my liking. If you’d like anything don’t hesitate to help yourself.”

“Alright thanks.”

I smiled and so did she as she made her way back upstairs.

After channel hopping for another hour I concluded Niall had endured enough sleep now and crept back up the stairs being careful to avoid the creaking floorboard at the top. He was still led exactly as I left him only his hair was slightly more messed up now, which really, just made him look even cuter. Smiling to myself I slipped onto the bed next to him on top of the covers. I took this opportunity to admire my boyfriend as he slept and took the chance to trace my fingers along his naked chest and stomach; his skin was so warm despite the sharp and chilly air. A small smile tugged at the corner of his lips and I smiled too as I carefully arced my body over and gently placed my lips on his as I stared down at him and then startling me his eyes flickered open and he smiled as he stared up at me.