-Overrated fears. [Chapter 33]

CHAPTER THIRTY THREE-Overrated fears.

The weeks had hastily folded up on themselves. The first turned into the second, second into the third, and when the third reached the forth I was quite the bit surprised when I had found myself saying goodbye to all my fellow workers as it was yet again, Christmas. This all seemed too familiar, leaving for my last day before the Christmas holidays would commence but only this time I felt a lot more blessed to be getting out of work than I had this time last year. Niall. Was the only thing I could think as the seconds ticked by on the clock. Although excited, I was still nervous for going to Ireland with him again. It was different last time, it was a two day trip and it was only his Mum and brother, but this time it was Christmas and to be honest, I was kind of scared of invading their family festivities. His whole family was going to be there, everyone. And what if they knew what happened? What if Niall had told them how our break up played out last year? I could just imagine the way they would all look at me, whispering as they looked down on me. But maybe I was just being paranoid, after all, they were Niall’s family, so maybe it’d be fine and they’d be just as nice and forgiving as him. I hope so.

I swept my foundation brush over my cheeks a few more times blending in my powder better. I hate looking like I’m wearing too much make-up. Even though I’m basically addicted to make-up, I don’t like it to be completely obvious that I’m wearing a lot, it just always never kind of seemed right to me to be going out looking completely fake. Maybe that’s just me trying to be perfect again, but that’d be nothing new I suppose. I could already feel the excitement bubbling up inside of me to see Niall tonight. It’d been way too long. When I wasn’t at work, the hours droned on where I’d be longing to just be with him, longing to just feel his skin against mine like it was just a few weeks ago. And tonight, I was going to see him again, spend the night with him and then go to Ireland with him tomorrow over Christmas. In my world, this was the best Christmas present ever to just be spending a week or so with my boy.

“I thought you had to go?”

Ellie questioned giving me a small smile as she leant in the doorway to my room twirling a perfect blonde curl around her finger. For some reason today, it looked like she had made an extra effort to look nice.

“I do and I will, in a minute.”

She nodded sucking up her lower lip behind her teeth before letting it go and dropping her gaze to the floor for a few seconds.

“Are you sure you’re going to be okay with this? I mean, in front of all five of them, including Niall?”

I sighed inwardly as I dropped my powder brush back into my make-up bag and began picking at my mascara making sure there were no clumps.

“I kind of have to be, don’t I? The guys invited me to go El and since I’m supposed to be with Niall tonight I can’t exactly say no. It’ll be fine.”

Due to unforeseen circumstances Niall was unable to meet me at the airport this afternoon so seeing him tonight was going to be the first time in a few weeks since I’d been in America, but I was just glad I was seeing him at all. We were going to just have a night in since we had to get up early for the flight to Ireland tomorrow morning but the boys had insisted on a Christmas meal together before everyone went back home for Christmas, even Zayn was coming, it was more of just a meet up thing before the holidays I guess. Since I hadn’t hung out with just Niall and the boys in a while. Faye was supposed to be coming tonight since after a rough on and off patch she was still with Harry. I wasn’t exactly overjoyed as I thought it’d be quite awkward, but she cancelled at the last minute because of a last minute shoot on the other side of London and Mallory had already gone back home yesterday so it was just me and the boys tonight.