-Intoxication & Secrets. [Chaoter 40]

CHAPTER FORTY- Intoxication & Secrets.

“Open your eyes…Open your eyes. This is the New Year Ashley. Make it last my love!”

Harry’s husky voice ridden with intoxication slurred into my ear, his arm slung lazily around my shoulder. I could smell the alcohol on his breath and his curls were droopy tight swirls falling around his face slightly damp with sweat as the house had got pretty warm after the party, they had only just managed to kick everyone out, while being pretty drunk themselves.

“Harry get off the girl and get to the fucking loo, I can just tell you’re gonna throw up any minute.”

Liam whined as he pushed a giggly Niall back up and off of his lap. I instantly leapt up and out of him at those words putting appropriate distance between us, Harry faked hurt as he looked at me.

“Get the fuck away from me if you’re gonna throw up!”

I hissed, Harry smirked idly falling back into his seat on the sofa a cushion falling onto his lap, and then he closed his eyes and began to dribble, nice.

“Ashley do you want me to go and check on your sister and you stay here and um…watch him?”

Liam proposed smiling sheepishly as he gestured to a now tired Niall his head slowly caving onto Liam’s shoulder.

“Sure.”

I shrugged and he flashed me an uneasy smile and then propped Niall back up and hurried off upstairs. Sighing I looked around the living room, although it didn’t even look like the living room anymore. There were bottles; cups and cans everywhere, crisp packets, CD’S, hair grips, cans of…body spray? Were cluttering the sofas and floor and a picture was hanging limp on the wall, it was one from a photo shoot from last year, although I’m not exactly sure what I can say now, so the year before last, god this is confusing. Louis was asleep his head lolling on Harry’s shoulder who I think was about to crash too, his curls were wispy as they hung around his face, unkempt for and flat, not the usual, hair flicking, bouncy ones they usually were. Zayn had coincidentally fell asleep about an hour ago when Liam and I (the most sober ones) asked him to help us clean up since he was not as out of his head as Harry and Louis were and Niall was just basically going through phases of bouncing off the walls to completely possessed by fatigue, so he was useless.

I picked myself up from the plush sofa the springs creaking as it bounced back up no loner indented with my body weight. The carpet was warm and soft as it massaged out under my bare feet, I had ditched my heels and I did not know where they were, they’ll turn up some when.  As I sat down next to Niall my presence made him jolt to an awoken state and he looked around him and then smirked as he looked at me placing an arm around my shoulders and pulling me closer to him. I could only just smell his cologne over the bittersweet aroma of alcohol that was practically radiating off the whole house. He leaned down his lips indolently brushing my ear as he began to run his fingers through my hair knotting out all the tangles that had caught in my usual blonde waves.

“Have I told you…” He breathed into my ear. “That you look really hot tonight.”

I rolled my eyes pushing him away as he began to kiss my neck in a not so chaste nor gentle kiss.

“Go to sleep Nialler.”

I brushed him off but he pouted nuzzling closer to me he shifted my body slightly to face him and I rolled my eyes heaving a sigh.

“B-But…I wasn’t planning on us sleeping tonight…”

He frowned leaning closer to me and brushing some hair from my eyes, he ran his fingers through my bangs curling them around his fingers a few times before letting them fall slack in front of my eyes, I just stared back at him as he did this like it was the most entertaining thing in the world. Finally, he tucked them behind my ears and rested his forehead against mine slowly pushing me back onto the sofa.