-You're obsessed. [Chapter 28]

CHAPTER TWENTY EIGHT- You're obsessed.

The next morning the thick smell of coffee filled my nostrils as I squinted waiting for my eyes to adjust to the bright sunlight splashing the room through the half open curtains. As I reached out I found that Niall wasn’t there anymore, the sheets messed up and indented where he had slept next to me next night and the covers were upturned slightly where he had slipped out from them. Stifling a yawn I stretched my arms out in front of me. I suddenly noticed how my skin felt tight and sticky and as I pressed my fingers to my face brushing them over my rougher than usual skin it felt wet and a stinging sensation was evident in my eyes and then I concluded, that in roughly the last few hours I had been crying.

This thought confused me but waking up with tears staining my cheeks was not something completely new so brushing this thought off I slid out from the covers and felt a sudden coolness hit my legs and arms causing instant goose bumps to rise. So, being the resourceful person I am I picked a random hoodie of Niall’s from the floor and pulled it over my flimsy pyjama top and made my way downstairs.

Niall was stood at the worktop switching in-between the counter where a frying pan was sizzling and a…Newspaper? On the island. As I walked closer I concluded that it was indeed, a newspaper he was reading in-between prodding whatever was in the pan with a fork.

“Ooooh a newspaper, how very manly.”

I commented smiling at him and he looked up from it snapping his gaze to mine. He smiled closing the newspaper he leant across the island still smiling at me.

“Well good morning beautiful, you feeling better?”

Immediately slipping my arms around his body and hugging him he chuckled as he embraced me further pressing his lips to my forehead.

“When wasn’t I feeling okay?”

I questioned seemingly confused by this as I looked up at him. Furrowing his brow he brushed some hair from my eyes tucking it behind my ear.

“You don’t remember? You were crying, in your sleep last night Ash. Don’t you remember having a nightmare or something?”

This was new information to me. I had got the hint from my appearance that I had recently cried but no after thoughts of lingering nightmares were apparent and as far as I remember I slept through the whole night. This did slightly perplex me since I had been fairly on edge since the happenings of last night but I wasn’t complaining.

“Nope.”

I shook my head resting it back onto his chest letting his steady heartbeat fill my ears again. That was probably one of the most comforting things ever, the only thing that ever really stayed remotely frequent now a days. Just some re-assurance that however hard things seemed, he was still there, next to me being the best boyfriend ever and most likely all around the loveliest person I’ve ever met. And it’s probably cliché to say so or maybe just downright cheesy, but he’s my best friend. Sure I’m close with Mallory and Chanel too and I have Justin back in America, although after getting back with Niall we have lost contact a bit, but in all honesty and the nicest possible of ways they haven’t given me what Niall has. And what he has given me and what he is to me isn’t even worthy of words because it’s so much more than that. Just purely un-explainable, stating that it’s like a dream doesn’t even begin to cover it.

“Oh, well as long as you’re okay.”

I smiled still connecting my arms around his waist in a not-too-tight-but-not-too-loose kind of hug as whatever was in the pan sizzled behind us.

“What are you cooking…Or burning.”

I mused finally bringing myself to dis-connect myself from him and wander over to the oven where now as I peered over the top I could see ever blackening bacon in the pan spitting and cracking with the heat underneath.