-The world can be anything you want it to be. [Chapter 25]

(Anything inbetween the symbol '~' is flashback.)

CHAPTER TWENTY FIVE- The world can be anything you want it to be.

Ashley’s POV:

~

“Sorry.”

A thick Irish accent apologised timidly as we basically walked into each other en route to cross the landing at the same time. There was something about that voice, familiar almost, only a few times had I held conversation with someone who conveyed an Irish accent and somehow, theirs didn’t seem the same as this one. There was just a certain twang in his voice, like I had heard it before; somewhere, somehow, and I liked it.

“It’s okay.”

I shrugged giving a small smile at the cute blonde boy who seemed rather embarrassed by walking into me, he must have been new to colliding with strangers, it’s a shame I wasn’t. I almost said something else to re-assure him that it really was okay, and there was no need for him to seem to uneasy about it all. But then, I realised I was staring at him and seeing the small creep of a blush tinting his cheeks I smiled forcing myself to look away as I proceeded to my sister’s room. However, I never did get very far as that same dreamy voice brought me back, forcing me to turn again, and avoid his eyes. This wasn’t like me, normally I was cautious about boys, studying their outward behaviour before I allowed myself to melt in their presence, appearance and the sound of their voice, studying every inch before I got too close, but I was already slipping too far in, lost in the way he stared straight back at me, so intensely, like nothing and nobody else was watching.

“Hey, is this yours?”

He asked and then upturned his palm to me, resting on his hand was a single gold chain with a silver heart hanging from it, I could see the small words engraved, numbers and names, that was all it was, apart from being so much more when you looked closely. It wasn’t any bracelet though, it was mine.  I kept my eyes fixed on the jewellery in his hand, scared of how stupid I would look if I got myself lost in his eyes again, and just generally himself. He really struck me somehow, and I was quite surprised at how I found myself immediately attracted to him, from the outside, he didn’t seem my type looks-wise but as I continued to take in his appearance, I decided that rules were made to be broken and that I didn’t always have to stick to the same type of guy. Take a chance, slip away from your standard; you never know what you might find…

~

“You look nice.”

The same thick Irish accent came from the pink lips of the same blonde boy as he let his eyes travel me for a brief second before snapping them back to his phone. I only recognised my sister from the five other people there, the four boys were all staring at me but then they broke into smirks, eyes settling on the blonde boy still looking at his phone his fingers dancing wildly over the screen.

“What?”

He asked furrowing his brow in a confused tone as he looked up from his phone and the smug looks from the four other boys surrounding him.

“Oh nothing…” A boy with particularly curly hair sung smirking. “Just you getting in there straight away.”

The blonde boy frowned looking from me to curly hair a confused and slightly embarrassed look crossing his face.

“We already met, actually.”

He scoffed and at this point I felt my cheeks heat up a little as I realised he was referring to us. He looked back down at his phone after sending me a small smile, and I supressed a smile too. Looking away to avoid catching his gaze in front of everyone else, or rather the other way around, he was the one who caught me with his gaze, or rather his eyes.