-Let's argue over breakfast. [Chapter 5]

CHAPTER FIVE- Let's argue over breakfast.

There’s more to discover,

Find out what went wrong without blaming each other.

Think that we got more time,

 When we're falling behind.

Gotta make up our mind.

Or else we’ll play ,play, play all the same old games,

And we’ll-

“Oh um, hi. How um…How’s your hand?”

Niall asked awkwardly as I had walked in on him strumming away on his guitar and singing at six in the morning. I looked down to my now bandaged hand and observed how the skin stung a little underneath all the cleaning agents and bandages that were piled on top of it.

“It’s not too bad, actually. Claire wanted me to let you know that you guys have to find your own breakfast within the next hour so, yeah…”

He didn’t even seem fazed by this as he set his guitar down onto the bed and rested his elbows on his knees leaning forward as he spoke to me.

“Right, so, what are the other guy’s doing for breakfast?”

I shrugged.

“Umm me and Louis are going to the Starbucks down the road. I guess that’d be a pretty good idea since you haven’t got very long.”

I stated timidly and he gave me a small smile then bit his lower lip running a hand through his hair.

“Um, is that an invitation?”

I shrugged feeling my cheeks flush slightly with his detection of an invitation to go somewhere with me, for breakfast. What the hell am I doing? I promised myself I would not speak to him, not let myself get close to him again and here I am suggesting he come to breakfast with me and Louis. Who am I trying to kid? I cannot handle this situation and right now I’m a mixture of so fucking confused and at the same time so relieved. Can I explain it? Nope.

“Just a suggestion, you don’t have to or anything, I mean-“

“Sure, sounds like a plan.”

He said flashing me a smile and pulling a hat over his head, shrugging on a jacket and walking straight past me down the hallway towards Louis’ room. He is being so nice, why?

I didn’t know quite what to do or how to react to my absent gesture of kindness and his sheer acceptance with a smile. My eyes fell upon the guitar he had now left abandoned on the duvet his name scrawled in black marker on the inside and his all too familiar plain pick lying beside the instrument. It had been so long since I had heard him play on his own, for himself and not as a performance or rehearsal for someone else. And sing at the same time as well, it had a re-occurring sense of deja vu to stand there in the doorway with him oblivious to my eavesdropping on him and his talent. Maybe I felt kind of guilty, that he was being so nice to me after everything I put us through. All the care and love that we put into each other and then I blew it off because my Mother forced me to. It shouldn’t matter that I was forced; I would never forgive myself for speaking and treating Niall like that when I didn’t want nor need to.

Realising he was likely to return any minute and I was just stood staring at his guitar and the space he had so recently been occupying I pried my eyes from the sights of his room and made my way back down the hallway to my room to make alterations to my appearance, again.