-Operation Commence. [Chapter 20]

CHAPTER TWENTY- Operation Commence.

Drawing in some air I willed myself to be anywhere but back here as I concentrated on the click clacking of my heels against the marble flooring. Heathrow, London. The big billboard’s orange digits spelt out above my head. England. Only about a month ago I was back here on legal matters with my studio and all and that was only for two days and now, here I was again but this time it wasn’t a necessary drop by, I was multiplying my last visit number by fifteen. When you’ve adjusted to somewhere so different for so long it doesn’t even become merely reserved to go back to somewhere like London and although I had tried to put out some positive vibes onto myself and this visit I was pretty convicted this was going to be thirty days of hell. This was peak time, London time midday, my now temporary time zone so out of sync of the one of L.A but everything was out of sync lately so I suppose one more thing didn’t make a difference. I winced a bit as I noticed the advert on the right TV screen that was so brightly promoting my latest line for the fashion industry.

Innovative and bright.

I said in my usual fake cheery tone that I put on for get ups such as these ones. A few more seconds. Fading. Fading. Gone.

Keen to not be here when it came back around again I strained my vision searching the crowd for my blood bound pop-star sister. It didn’t take long to notice the blonde head of hair and clad in Hollister and Chanel clothing girl sprinting towards me like a mad women, a few people, did think she was. Then I noticed the flashing cameras following her and the shouts she was getting, it’s never ending. Living in this world. I sucked in a deep breath ignoring all the stares and bright flashes as I forced a grin back letting the 5’6 girl engulf in my arms.

“Ash I’ve missed you!”

She exclaimed and I smiled actually genuine for once as I hugged her while the cameras continued to flash. The Dawson Sisters Re-unite for un-explained Reasons. I could already see tomorrow’s next Sugarscape article if they weren’t raving about Niall and I being ‘in contact’ again. Or maybe both.

“I’ve missed you too El. Have we got a car waiting?”

I questioned keen to make our exit as swift as possible. She leaned back from me gazing up at me with bright eyes and a toothy perfect grin.

“You mean, I have a car.”

“What…Ellie! Why the hell didn’t you tell me you took your test?!”

I squealed forgetting about the surrenders for once that were still looking on at us. She shrugged her smile fading slightly.

“You were busy and I…didn’t wanna bother you…I was gonna tell you but Mum said you had your life over there now and that you didn’t want to know about us the same we didn’t want to know about you…but that’s not true, right?”

“No,” I said pulling her back closer again. “It’s not. Of course I want to know about you, you have to tell me things in the future, okay?”

“Sure, but on one condition?”

“What?”

“That you tell me things too. I mean, I don’t know anything about you anymore and whenever I bring you up Mum always tells me that you’ve moved on and don’t need to be talked about anymore…She’s being really bitchy lately Ash…I don’t like it.”

“Of course I’ll tell you things. Just ignore Mum if she’s being like that El. It’s the best thing to do…Now you wanna showcase your driving skills to me? I can’t believe you’re driving, they grow up so fast.”