-Surprises & Sinking ships. [Chapter 29]

CHAPTER TWENTY NINE- Surprises & Sinking ships.

“So you really think you’re ready for this Ashley? It is a big step and I’m weary about letting you take it, I mean, on your own?”

Anne questioned tapping her pen against the pine desk that was cluttered with, well I didn’t really know what it was, but it was always cluttered with something. The therapy sessions had got slightly better since the first one, as I got to know her more I concluded that she was, indeed, mad but it wasn’t anything extreme. Or at least it wasn’t yet, the few ‘projects’ I’d been assigned to do that were supposed to help me had been vaguely reasonable and so far there had been no mentions of fire which, is always good. This was not to say I looked forward to my twice a week sessions, yes, twice a week, it had been reduced down from every day after I began to put on a few pounds, little by little things may have started to get better. Although, it has only been a little over a month or so of course I am by no means cured but sometimes it’s nice to have some progress. To have it in black and white that you’ve got somewhere, even slowly, I’ve still got somewhere even if it has taken a long time for this short and stout amount of progress but it’s better than nothing. And at least now I’m going forwards, and not backwards.

Nodding I forced a small smile. I never said I liked Anne, but maybe now my dislike has degraded slightly, but by no means am I going to say I like her. She’s my therapist.

“Yeah. I really feel like I need a change of scene really. I mean it’s been nice to have some time off to really think things through and reconsider my life and all but now that Niall’s busier I’m finding myself at a bit of an end really. I don’t like not having anything to do.”

She folded her hands in her lap and then nodding she held up one finger signalling that she was going to be one second as she turned around and slid a drawer open, bringing out a red comb she pulled it through her fringe and then turned back around as if none of this had happened. She does that.

“Right, I understand. But I hope you’re not letting Niall’s lifestyle influence your choices in your therapy though. You have to understand that moving back to America is a huge step for you Ashley. That’ll mean no therapy and I will have to put a huge amount of trust into you for this.”

Oh the shame.

“No, this is purely my decision. Besides it’s been almost three months and I really want to get a few weeks of work in before Christmas.”

“Right, if you’re sure. And what are you plans for Christmas?”

As she asked this I realised I actually had no clue. I guess I’d been busy lately with trying to work from home and fitting in time to see Niall as any free time he had at the moment was rare and precious so I always dropped everything I was doing to do with work to spend a bit of time with him because it was important. He’s been really busy lately which has meant I’ve found myself occupying myself even further into working from home to fill up all the free time I have without him there. Most of the time he’s still in Britain and a few times I’ve ‘secretly’ been with him, watching from a seat near the back or something. Immaculately after over four months we’ve still managed to keep our relationship a secret from pretty much everyone. And that includes my parents. Which has really surprised me as my Mother has been so on my back lately about well…everything. I suppose it goes without saying that our relationship has only worsened since I was hospitalised that day and put onto this strict therapy plan. My absence from home when I’ve been with Niall has been fairly easy to conceal although now she’s beginning to get suspicious I’m not too worried as at the moment Niall and I are very stable and it almost feels like last year again. I suppose I could just say that the other boys always have a lot to tease us about, but what do they expect when we don’t see a lot of each other at the moment?