-Fake a friendship, it's worth more than a real one. [Chapter 32]

CHAPTER THIRTY TWO- Fake a friendship, it's better than a real one.

Ashley’s POV:

“Wait so let me get this straight…” Justin pondered as he sipped his beer and then licked his lips afterwards. “You were making out with Niall on the sofa because you’re both such innocent children…” I rolled my eyes feeling a blush creep onto my cheeks. “And then some random fucker decides to press their finger on the doorbell for five minutes straight?”

I nodded sipping my own bottle of Vitamin water.  We were just hanging out in my apartment the night before I started work as soon as he got word I’d landed in New York again after almost three months he insisted he had to see me and had to catch up with me and all. I had to admit, it had been a while and I was beginning to miss him, not as much as I already missed Niall. But Justin was a good mate, so of course I was missing talking to him when we used to talk pretty much every day. I still don’t think Niall knows Justin so I’m pretty much dreading the day when pictures come out of us or something deceiving us to be a couple or something and Niall goes all protective mode, whatever I guess he’ll feel pretty awkward once I flip the he’s-gay card. If I tell Niall there’s nothing going on I’m sure he’ll believe me anyway, he knows I love him and would never dream of cheating.

“Yes, and it was downright creepy.”

I concluded and Justin raised his eye-brows taking another long swig of his alcoholic beverage.

“And then you continued making out because he can’t resist you because you’re sexy and you can’t resist him because he’s sexy but it still continued?”

“You’re following.”

“So then he went and answered the door to nobody, and then there was a piece of paper with death on it, and a key?”

“Yup.”

I confirmed and Justin gave me an unreadable look that I wasn’t even completely convinced was human, but there had been times when I had questioned if Justin himself was human so I suppose this was tolerable.

“That’s so freaky.”

“You’re telling me.”

“And what did Niall say?”

I shrugged taking another sip of my Vitamin water.

“He thinks it was just some and I quote ‘fucking idiot school kids’ but I beg to differ, and I mean at two in the morning for school kids. I mean, after the happenings of my studio, my apartment and now this. I just don’t know anymore.”

“You were making out on the sofa at two in the morning? Tut tut how naughty.”

“Shut up.”

I rolled my eyes chucking a cushion at him and he smirked.

“Well, I’m sorry but I just never knew you could be so dirty.”

“Justin that’s hardly dirty.”

He just smirked taking another long swig of his beer and licking his lips once again.

“So what’s going on with you?”

I queried keen to move the conversation away from Niall and I.

“Well, I’m not being stalked by some random fucker who likes doorbells. And I don’t have an undeniably fit Irish pop star for a boyfriend. But, I do have a new job.”

“You’re such an idiot. But you have a new job?!”

“Uh huh.”

He nodded proudly seeming less excited than me.