-Concealing the forbidden. [Chapter 16]

CHAPTER SIXTEEN- Concealing the forbidden.

The sun was spilling through the curtains and even though they were still closed, the sheer brightness of the summer morning daze still kind of hurt my eyes as I forced my lids open. And actually realised I had endured in a decent few hours of sleep for once. In a while, actually, I had got at least five hours of sleep and I was surprised. And it actually felt good, good to have that much sleep fuelling my body. It wasn’t like it wasn’t for a reason though, that I was actually able to dissolve into a peaceful and good solid few hours, I had actually slept without one weird dream, without waking with one weird start and uneasy tossing and turning and I could only put it down to Niall. Because what else was it? Nothing, that was the only thing that had changed that right now, I actually had a relationship with Niall, again. This was so surreal and I almost couldn’t believe it. So many nights spent crying over thinking that Niall and I would never have a relationship again or let alone speak again and then I was right here in exactly the opposite to that uneasy thought.

I couldn’t supress the smile that was tugging at each corner of my lips as I took in his body so perfectly moulded to mine and our still entwined fingers. And then it hit me, that we weren’t supposed to be doing this, we weren’t even supposed to be talking according to Claire’s rules and here we were sleeping in the same bed all cuddled together. However nice this was for us and how wrong this was under Claire’s perspective I couldn’t do anything about it anyway as I realised that his arm was so tightly around my waist gripping onto my hip that prying it away was going to be impossible without waking him. I doubt the others can know either, or anyone, for that fact. This relationship, it’s merely ten hours old and it already has to be kept into top secret and behind closed doors. Maybe I kind of liked that, how this was going to be something we would share between the two of us as a secret and nobody else would know about. I didn’t like the idea of sneaking around but I was blessed to even have a reason to sneak around with him so I guess whatever sacrifices we’re gonna have to make it’s going to be worth it, because he’s worth it, he’s worth everything.

“Mmm Ash what time is it?”

His husky morning voice groaned as he squirmed a bit beside me but didn’t remove his arm from my waist. I looked up at him and he opened his eyes immediately smiling as they met with mine and he pulled me even closer.

“Ten. Claire’s gonna be here in half an hour.”

I reminded him and he sighed inwardly.

“Yeah, I don’t care what she has to say.”

He breathed dismissively.

“I think you will when she gets to saying it and she definitely will if she gets here and I’m not up, dressed and ready for the list. So for my sake, I think we should get up before anyone notices you’re not in your room again.”

I suggested and he just stared at me for a second before lacing his other fingers with mine and shifting me completely so I was now on top of him and his hands were resting on my hips.

“Fine, for you. But just stay here for a few minutes before, the lads won’t be up yet anyway.”

He smiled lifting our hands up a bit higher as he brought his fingers back and forth between the spaces in between mine.

“We’re cutting this very tightly you know.”

I told him and he shrugged giving me a lopsided smile.

“Ah well, I know it’ll be okay. Now I think we should say good morning properly.”

He suggested giving me a cheeky smirk and I smiled as he sat up pushing me up with him so I was now sat on his lap again and he was leant against the pillow with my legs folded up on themselves either side of his.