Participate

POV:Yukishira Hiro

The class was as lively as ever,I spent the last few days to myself and yes I may have spent some time with a few friends,it was still nothing compared to the time I had by myself.

Hirata and the other girls came to my room to study and in doing so their grades gradually increased in the test yesterday.Even Chabasihira-sensei was surprised by that and I personally don't blame her,after all how can a student's grades increase so much in just one week? Well you'd be asking that if I weren't in your class.

As usual I was still at the top of class-D but something was different,my grades were still falling off and went from 99 to 98 in some subjects that I wasn't incredibly good in.Obviously that was still good since it was still the top marks in my class but the fact that it was decreasing troubled some classmates and gave me unwanted attention.

The next day,Chabashira-sensei came into class with a worried expression on her face though it was only barely visible to the naked eye.

"Good morning class,today we'll be discussing what the next special exam is."

Special exam huh? I expected it to be the sports festival....

As someone who's never experience a sports festival before I suppose you could say I was a bit sad.

"Due to this special exam,your long awaited sports festival will have to be delayed but don't worry,there'd nit a single reason you shouldn't take part in this exam."

Everyone was surprised to hear that especially from someone like Sae Chabashira,she then displayed a notice on the board about the rules and information about the new speicla exam.

"This new exam will be called the 'Martial Arts Pairing Exam'."

Martial Arts Pairing? What the hell is that? I've heard of martial arts but this looks different,no the rules are similar to normal martial arts.

"In this exam each class with have a pair of students participating in this exam to fight the other students in the other classes.One of the students will be chosen by the class,however the other will be chosen randomly by a poll made by the homeroom teacher."

Their eyes widenned,I suppose they realized that there was a chance that they would be picked to fight in the exam.

"Also,each class will have a 'backup fighter' to replace someone with if things start goimg downhill.This backup fighter will also be chosen randomly by the teacher."

This rule terrified the class even more,the class had around 41 students which meant you had a 4.8% chance to get chosen to fight.Of course that isn't a high number but what if the teachers pick someone who isn't an expert at fighting?

The result would be a massacre,that student would be nothing to the likes of Ryuen or Ishizaki or at worst Albert Yamada.

"If you think this exam is unreasinable then think again,for every round a class wins they will be rewarded 25000 private points per person and will also gain 2 class points.Even if you do lose,you will be rewarded with 10000 private points as a reward for participating and giving it your best effort."

"Wait but that means...."

"There's four rounds in total per class...."

25000 times four would be 100000 private points for every student in a class and also 8 class points if a class were to win the whole thing.

Even if you were not to win a single round,you could still win 40000 private points per person in a class at a worst case scenerio.

"The winner of this event will be rewarded 250000 private points per person and will also gain 20 class points."

"Wait that's actually huge!"

Ike was the first to respond to that along side with a few others,the rules were simple enough for someone like Sudou to understand so this exam was a winning scenerio no matter how you look at it.

The only down side is that a student could end up seriously injured if the oppesing class were to go all and fight with the intention to kill.

This exam had everyone excited but frightened at the same time,in our class there was an incredibly high chance that Ken Sudou would be chosen to fight but what of the other two?

The thought of me getting forced to fight was unreasonable and down right terrible,after all I wanted not to stand out but if I get forced to fight the likes of Ryuen or Albert then what's to say I won't use my full strength as a form of self defense?

I guess all I can do now is wait and see....