Welcome Back

• • •  °  • • •

"YOON. GI. CHEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!"

"Hyung no- NO- MPH-"

Jin immediately latched onto the younger, not even caring that they were outside for the neighbours to see. Yoongi couldn't help but let his face get smacked into Jin's chest as the elder held him tight, his hold on his bags loosening till a distant sound of them falling was heard.

"I'm so happy you're back... I missed you," he said, straightening up a bit till the other was on his toes.

"H- Hyung I wash- only away for like..." he craned his neck for air, "a while-"

"Still... I missed you..."

Jin released the younger just a bit, patting his back with a smile.

"Yea yea... I uh..." and some words were mumbled into the older's shoulders.

Jin pulled away a bit, "Hm? What was that?"

"I asked how you're doing. You know... since you got sick." Smooth Min Yoongi, smooth.

"Ah yes yes... I'm doing much better as you can see," Jin said proudly, as he picked up the fallen luggage. Yoongi let him, deciding to get his backpack instead.

"Yea. I wonder why..."

"Stop."

"Okay okay."

The two men then got in along with the bags, heading straight to the younger's room to keep them before they have their dinner.

"Oh, by the way, I heard a certain... hmm... someone... visited you..." He gave a sly smile while he watched the younger's face turn red as he struggled to unlock his door.

"I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about." Averted eyes. And a pout.

"Oh really? Lemme see if I recall what Namjoon told me, hmm... this someone came to the café, and asked for a certain Min Yoongi and almost caused a commotion since he was famo-"

"Oh my god. Yes he came. So? He wanted to know where you were."

"...And?"

"And what? As if I'd give him information."

"Uh-huh... or you're just jealous because a famous, hot model was asking for me-"

"Nope. Not at all. I dunno what you're talkin' about."

"Aww Yoongichi-"

"Don't call me that hyung!"

Jin just laughed at the whiny protests of his roommate as he stomped into his room.

"How are your hyung and sister-in-law? Oh and Holly?" Jin spoke up a while later as he placed the luggage by the cupboards. Sorting can wait later. Food first.

"Oh, they're good. Hyung managed to finish his work early and got himself paternal leave to take care of her."

Yoongi was already pulling out most of his equipment from his backpack to plug them in for charging.

"Ah I see..."

Once everything was settled, with a stretch, he followed the other to the kitchen for dinner. Jin carefully placed two bowls of soup, rice, and a few side dishes while Yoongi got the utensils and drinks. They sat on opposite seats and began having small talk, as Yoongi showed photos of the time he spent at his brother's house. Jin was currently looking at the sonogram that the other got when he brought his sister-in-law for a few of her appointments.

"I'm so excited for you!! Look at you... already an uncle..." he cooed at the photo, "Aww... Uncle Yoongi. S' got a nice ring to it."

"Shut up, oh my god."

He decided to hide his red face by drinking the soup straight out of the bowl as he just took in his roommate's squeaky laugh.

"So... you haven't told me yet..." Jin cleared his throat, taking a sip of his water as he looked at the other expectantly, "the gender I mean."

"Oh, that." Yoongi just shrugged, taking back the phone, and looking at the sonogram again. He has a few physical copies of it, but they are tucked away in one of his books. He would have to pin them up later. "They're keeping it a surprise. We'll know when the time comes."

"Cool cool. Ya gotta send me pictures, you hear?"

"I will."

• • • ° • • •