Coffee And Warmth In the Wee Hours

• • • ° • • •

He stood there; eyes wide as he was met with a familiar figure.

He lifted his head, eyes blinking and squinting just to make sure the man wasn't imaginary.

"... Hoseok-ah?"

It sounded like a whisper, but seeing the way the other man smile behind his scarf bundled around his neck makes him think he has super-hearing. Or that he said it out loud.

"What are you doing here hyung?" Hoseok said, slowly trudging up to the man.

"I... what are you doing here?"

The model adjusted his scarf, looking around a bit before letting his face out to speak more clearly.

"My noona is here. I came to visit, and I was just going..."

"Ah... so you're leaving soon..." Yoongi sniffled, instinctively pulling his coat tighter.

"I... Why? Missing me already?"

Yoongi gave an unamused face. Just when I was worrying...

"My God, shut up."

They both went quiet, Yoongi moving to the side a bit when the elevators rang open, allowing nurses to walk out to their posts. Yoongi noticed the younger did not move towards the empty elevator, but instead came closer to lean onto the machine. It was warm.

"What uh... what happened to your noona? That is- if you wanna answer-"

Hoseok shook his head with a smile, sighing. "She got into a minor accident, but the doctors wanted to keep her to check on her."

"Ah..." Yoongi was leaning onto the machine as well. "It must have been scary..."

The man shrugged. "Yea, I had a long day, and this was sudden. I rushed over here to check on her, and it was just a minor injury on her leg. Thank god."

"Thank god indeed. So it's not that serious."

"Yea I'll be getting her home tomorrow. What about you hyung?"

"Oh- uh... my uh... sis-in-law is... she's giving birth soon so..."

"Oh my God a baby?!"

Yoongi was slightly taken aback by the blatant show of enthusiasm, but he understood his excitement. He gave a small smile, nodding.

"You're going to be an uncle!! Oh my God that's so exciting!! I wanna be an uncle too," he feigned wiping a tear, "Yah noona! Hurry up and decide on the wedding date-"

Yoongi giggled, cutting off his complaining. "Give her a break."

Hobi wiggled in his place, getting comfortable against the warm coffee machine.

"So... what's the gender?"

Yoongi just shrugged at that. "Not sure. They want it to be a surprise," he slumped against the machine, hands rubbing his neck to transfer some heat. "My hyung bets on a boy while my sis-in-law bets on a girl."

"Bets..." he giggled lightly at that, "What do you think hyung?"

"I don't care much, to be honest."

"Ah... well then... I'm guessing it's gonna be a girl."

Yoongi hummed, looking up at him curiously. "Why do you think that?"

"Well... you should always trust a mother's instinct."

Yoongi's eyes widened, a small smile playing on his lips. "Oh my god, that's what I said! Hyung doesn't believe me. We'll see though."