Be Very Careful Of Those Who Wears Their Masks Well

• • • ° • • •

Yoongi swung his bag over his shoulder, hastily leaving the lecture hall, wanting to return to his warm, cosy room already.

Hoseok has been away for a while now, somewhere in China for a shoot, and then a runway show the following week. He could be working, but Joongki has replied with a warning to never step close to the café, or he will personally slam dunk him to the ground. He just shrugged at that; more time for him to focus on his studies.

Can this semester end already?

He hurried to the row of shops that were along the way, grabbing some freshly cooked, spicy tteokbokki he had been craving since that morning.

Jin-hyung was home that day, and has sent a sleepy and grumpy Yoongi off to campus with a promise of a warm, hefty lunch.

He sighed, chewing on the spicy rice cakes.

The old lady was very nice, she gave him more than what he used to order, and scolded him for trying to pay her more for the amount.

He smiled, reminding himself of his grandmother.

His hunger has somewhat calmed, but it has definitely encouraged him to finish his snack quickly. The spice helped though; he felt warmer than earlier as he turned the corner to his dorms.

He froze.

The day was cold, he was tired, he was hungry, he has a lot of assignments, and seeing a few police cars outside the dorm gates... was not helping.

I wonder what happened...

He walked past the cars, bowing to the guard who looked slightly disturbed, but he gave a simple nod in reply.

There were some officers by the lobby, and around the entrances of a building. His building.

...Did one of the kids screw up or something?

He gave polite bows to some of the officers, them nodding back in greeting. He used the elevator up.

Must be that kid two floors up... I knew something was fishy about him...

The elevator chimed and the doors opened. He walked out and turned in the direction of his room.

He froze again.

What the fuck...?

Why were they grouped outside his apartment? There were even police tapes.

...Fuck- Jin-hyung?!

He bolted. His bag was dropped to the side as he ran past the group, them shouting at him as they failed to grab him.

He burst through the opened door of his shared apartment, running through the small hallway and into the living room.

He stood there, eyes wide, heaving through laboured breaths.

Seokjin looked up at him, eyes red and wet. He looked like he was crying.

The elder immediately jumped out from his place on the couch, hurrying to the younger.

"Yoongi- I- I dunno what's going on... please tell them you don't- tell me its not true!"

"Wh-What's not true? What's going on?!"

Jin let out a small tired groan, looking around as officers walked into the apartment, and some out of his room.

They even had cadaver dogs.