#truestory

• • • ° • • •

"No wait- hold on-"

Namjoon paused whatever he was saying as he watched Hoseok jump from his seat, disappearing from the camera. He could hear the door open, some distant voices, and soon the man was back to grab the phone. Joon gulped on his water as he waited for his friend to position the phone onto something, and he took in the sight of the food before him.

"Ah... you're having dinner. I thought you said you ate."

The model shrugged, as he unwrapped his fork and spoon from the tissue, then arranging the plates around so he could eat.

"I did. But that was hours ago. Also, I didn't eat that much so..."

"Ah, I get it."

"Good timing as well. Coz you can now tell me the story as I eat."

"Yep, just a moment. Lemme get Tae in bed first," he said as soon as he entered the young boy's room.

"But appa! Taetae wan- w- uh- wanna p-pway some more!"

"But Taehyungie... remember we have to go somewhere tomorrow?"

"Ouh... um... okay..."

"Good boy. Appa will keep your toys for you. Do you wanna talk to Uncle Hobi before you sleep?"

"Oh- yes yes!"

Hoseok smiled as he chewed on the udon.

"Uncle Hobiiiii!!!"

"Nephew Taetaeeeee!!!"

He watched the little boy giggle as he fell back onto the bed.

"I heard you're going somewhere tomorrow?"

"Y-Yes! Eomma- umma bli-bring me for- for um... appa where umma b-b-bring Tete?"

"To get your workbooks."

"Yesh. W-Work- b-books."

"Ah... you're going to get your next syllabus huh. That's pretty amazing. You're improving so fast!"

The little boy giggled again and nodded. "Tete work hard! I lea-learned n-new word! In E-E-English!"

"Oh? Really? An English word? Can you teach Uncle Hobi?"

"Okay! It's c-called- uhh... o-oh! I-It's called c-cockporn!"

Hoseok, honest to whatever god that was up there, felt his soul leave his body as he choked on the broth. Somewhere in the distance as he tried to give himself CPR, he could hear Namjoon freaking out and Tae looking confused.

"Tae-Taehyung-ah it's popcorn. Pop- corn- not the other way around-"

"C- Pu- Poccon?"

"Pop. Po....pppppp..."

"Poc-con. Poccon!"

The model hurriedly grabbed the glass of grapefruit ade, gulping down the cool drink to ease the burn in his throat.

"A-Ah... popcorn!"

"Yes! Poccon."

"Right."

He heard Namjoon sigh.

"Alright now. Taetae go to sleep okay? Appa will be in the office okay?"