An Offer On A Silver Platter... Your Choice

• • • ° • • •

It was a free night for everyone.

So the five of them, upon Taehyung's request, decided to have dinner together at a Japanese barbeque restaurant.

They had separate rooms for guests to dine in, and Hoseok easily got them one.

The tables were low, cushions placed around them for the people to sit. There was leg room underneath, so guests would have the choice to sit cross-legged or they could have their feet down. By the front towards the side, there were racks for them to place their shoes, coats, and other items they brought.

The interior of the whole restaurant is traditional Japanese inspired, completed with tatami mats and sliding wooden doors, and paintings of sceneries across the walls.

Taehyung awed at the art, taking his time marvelling as the adults took their shoes off to sit in.

"Taetae, come. Let appa take your shoes off."

Taehyung shook his head, going back to the front and sitting carefully. "I-I-Its okay... ap- appa. Taetae in- uh... in- inpedent."

The four men chuckled at his attempt at pronouncing the word.

"In-de-pen-dant."

"Impedenden."

"No, its, iiiiiin-deeeee-peeennn-daaaannnnn-tttt-"

"Impenpedenden!"

"Taehyungie-"

Taehyung just stared confused at his dad as the father tried to help him pronounce better.

The boy soon joined the other four at the table, when a waitress entered the room with a tray of water and her notepad.

She kneeled at the width of the table, helping the group through the menu to decide on their choices.

A few minutes later, she was out with a list, while the group got busy catching up on things.

"I'm still glad he didn't try anything. But Yoongi-yah... I must applaud you for your brains!"

The two men ooh-ed teasingly at Yoons, the latter going shy as he tried to stop them.

"I'm sure... my genius-ness must have rubbed on you. Because it was a really smart move," the eldest fake wiped a tear, "I clearly raised you right..."

"Oh please hyung," Yoongi said, sipping on his water, "You did zero. It was all me."

The other two ooh-ed again at the retort.

Seokjin just playfully glared at him.

"No, but, really... thank god Namjoonie was available. I'm still-"

Yoongi raised a hand, stopping Hoseok from speaking.

"If you're gonna apologize, I suggest you not to. It's not your fault you were busy."

"Still..."

The door opened, two waiters walking in with trays.

One began setting up the grill, while the other handed out the food trays.

The sliced meat, rice and side dishes were all set in a few minutes, the soup and fried food they ordered coming in a few.

Hoseok was looking through the meat, arranging the platter nicely so everyone could have a go, when he saw Namjoon's hand reaching for the grill.