Agreements Made For Best Of Everyone

• • • ° • • •

"Seok-ah... hurry up! What's taking you so long?"

"Aish hyung..." Hoseok walked in with an exaggerated sigh, plopping next to the elder, Yoongi's blanket on his lap.

He flipped the blanket open from its scrunched form, spreading it over their legs. He then reached forward to grab the remote, turning on the TV, just for some background noise.

Yoongi was about to complain, but then Hobi reached an arm over to pull him into his side, so instead he sighed as he relaxed in the other's hold.

"Now... Where was I... ah yes..."

- • ⁕ • -

The two teens were now in Namjoon's room, huddled together as the host pointed towards some pictures, giving interesting facts and its history.

Hoseok was mostly in awe at how knowledgeable his new friend was- is. Namjoon could probably be bullshitting at this point, but the way he spoke, with such enthusiasm, eyes gleaming and hands flailing, facts followed by detailed explanations, he would 100% believe him.

His room looked fairly simple, as what would be expected of a teen who just moved in.

It has the standard furniture around the room - bed, cupboard, and a table.

They were on the floor, sitting on padded cushions while leaning against the bed. The window next to the bed providing them with enough sunlight to not use the fluorescent lights. The fan was on as well, the day being a bit hot for the two. There was a cupboard at the end of the bed, a suitcase in front of it, unopened. Maybe he hasn't finished unpacking?

The study table was next to the door, and Monnie was resting in his little bed underneath it. It came up to them to steal some apples, but they were later abandoned as it did not appeal. Joon had to sigh, whine about how Monnie does this all the time and clean up after his puppy.

Hoseok only smiled.

"What about your sister?"

"Ah- yea she's having a sleepover."

"Leaving you all alone..." Hoseok pouts, bats his eyelashes and looking at the other with pity.

Namjoon pouts back, nodding his head dramatically. "Yea... she wouldn't want to be with her brother who's a major clutz."

The two grinned.

"Ah- but yea, she's havin' a sleepover with her friends. I mean, we had to move, and she did not get to properly say goodbye, so her gang decided she could have a sleepover before she officially moves here."

Hoseok nods. That sounds like something he would do with his friends. If he actually did have some who were close to him like that. "And... what about you?"

"Hm?"

"Did you get to say your goodbyes?"

Namjoon looks down at the album on his lap, but he was not doing it to look at the pictures. His eyes seem distant, lips twisted in thought.

"I uh... I don't think I have friends that... that close to say proper goodbyes..."

Hoseok blinked at the statement, feeling the underlying sadness from the tone he used, and he understood. He pouts unconsciously, reaching an arm over to the other's shoulders, squeezing him into his side. Namjoon let himself be guided and quietly enjoys the touch.