Chapter 1: Just a Kid

A City - Jin Xiu District

It was now late autumn, Jian Qiaoxin carrying a backpack entered the apartment building, he started to sneeze as soon as he got into the elevator.

His immune system was quite low compared to others, if someone with a cold were to be near him, he would for sure be the first person to catch it.

Jian Qiaoxin rubbed his nose thinking he should have taken some cold medicine earlier, he watched as the elevator number rose up.

*Ding Ding*

At the 19th floor, the elevator door opened, Jian Qiaoxin tightened his scarf and stepped out. The light in the corridor was a bit dim. He was carrying a box in his hand, as he stopped in front of a door, he tried to knock twice, but there was no sound replying to him.

He waited for a while, then he decided to put the box down and tried to insert the key into the lock.

"Click", the door was opened from the inside, Jian Qiaoxin was still trying to unlock the door with his key, when the door almost hit his nose.

A tall and handsome man wearing a sweater was a bit surprised to see him, this man named Qiu Jian: "How come you are back already?"

Jian Qiaoxin did not suspect the meaning behind this sentence, he smiled and shook the box in his hand, "A Qiu, happy birthday, I got you a birthday cake."

"Thanks."

Qiu Jian took the birthday cake box and moved over for Jian Qiaoxin to come in.

The two of them rented this apartment together; although house prices in A City were pretty expensive, they both wanted to give each other a home to stay in, so they pooled in a lot of money to rent this place.

Jian Qiaoxin took off his shoes and went straight to the kitchen to look for a cake cutting knife. When he came out to the living room, Qiu Jian had already set the candlelight.

The candle's dim yellow light burned slowly, adding a little warmth to the room.

Jian Qiaoxin smiled slightly: "Feeling romantic?"

Qiu Jian held a lighter in his hand: "Well, today is my birthday, and I thought you would be busy with work again. But now that you're back, we might as well just go for it."

Jian Qiaoxin knew this was his fault. He touched his nose in guilt as said softly: "My bad, but as you know, I've finally managed to get a supporting role in this movie, where I have more lines and more screening time; therefore, I must perform well. However, today is your birthday, I specifically asked the director to let me leave early..."

"..."

Qiu Jian walked over and pulled him to sit down: "Work is not that important, our relationship is much more important than work. You know that I make enough to support the two of us, you don't need to work so hard."

Jian Qiaoxin pursed his lips and remained silent.

In fact, Qiu Jian is a really good boyfriend. Although he is not rich, his income can really support two people.

However--

Jian Qiaoxin does not want to be supported financially. He has his own ideal to pursue, and he only wants to spend the money that he has earned.

Jian Qiaoxin heaved out a sigh: "A Qiu, let's not talk about this; today is your birthday, you should have a bite of your cake."

On the side, Qiu Jian's eyes turned dark: "What the hurry, we can't have candlelight dinner without wine, wait here."