Chapter 83: The Final Chapter

Jian Qiaoxin and Yan Gan had set their wedding date on Liqiu date [1]. They had a feng shui master to look over the date. The master said that it is a good day for marriage celebration.

They personally hand-wrote their wedding invitation. The big red gold-plated invitation paper was very firm when holding it in hand. When one opened it, there were two stick drawings of two people inside, which were very cute.

The wedding invitation was simple, but it was not an easy job when they had to hand-write a lot of invitations. They had invited a lot of friends and associates. A group of people were busy all morning to get it done. Yan Gan had a lot of people on his side to invite to the wedding. All together, there were stack after stack of invitations.

Jian Qiaoxin felt a little helpless: "That many people?"

"Yeah." Yan Gan sat on the carpet, playing with Ran Ran who was playing with a toy car not far away while holding a card in his hand: "Business partners, family members."

Jian Qiaoxin's side did not have that many cards, since he had little to no friends.

Yan Gan looked at the small pile on the younger man's side: "That's it?"

"Yeah." Jian Qiaoxin didn't plan to invite the media or anything: "For our marriage, I just want to invite some relatives and close friends we know. As for the media, I don't want them."

Yan Gan was not the kind of person who loves the attention from the media either. He waved his hand: "You decide who you want to invite."

"But......"

Jian Qiaoxin was curious: "But?"

Yan Gan put down the card: "Since I want to marry you, I want to do it the formal way. According to the traditions, isn't your family from the mountain? Will it be okay to ask you to stay in the mountains for these two days?"

If they were to follow the formal wedding procedures, there is a picking up the bride tradition.

Jian Qiaoxin didn't expect it, he felt somewhat warm in his heart, but he still asked: "Will you come to pick me up?"

"What do you think?" Yan Gan raised his eyebrows to look at him: "Do you think I will have you enter the door without a proper marriage?"

Jian Qiaoxin didn't speak, he really thought everything would be simple.

Yan Gan threw the invitation card on the table in a leisurely and lazy manner, with a smile at the corner of his mouth: "Our Xiao Xin must have what others have."

Jian Qiaoxin glared at him lightly. He suddenly remembered the rings the Grandpa had given him before, the two pairs of golden rings, but how should he explain to Yan Gan.

If he were to take them out now, Yan Gan would definitely ask why he didn't take it out before.

He hesitated for a moment.

Yan Gan looked at him having an inner fight: "What's the matter?"

"Nothing..." Jian Qiaoxin bit his lip and asked tentatively: "About our wedding rings, should we prepare it?"

Yan Gan simply nodded: "Sure."

Jian Qiaoxin was happy, he thought of taking them out tomorrow but then he heard Yan Gan say: "I know that you already have the wedding rings ready, so there was no engagement ring."

Jian Qiaoxin was taken aback.

Yan Gan picked up Ran Ran who was playing on the side.

Then he held Ran Ran as patted off the dust on the child: "I want to see when you are willing to take them out."