Chapter 27: I'll Take Responsibility

Yan Gan was being irritated by the other to the point that a vein was popping up on his forehead, "Jian Qiaoxin, do you have any conscience? You think I'm as cruel as you!"

Jian Qiaoxin was even more frightened by his roar. He was already panicking, but now he only dared to shiver and let go of the man's hand.

Yan Gan sighed and took off his suit jacket, then covered the person in it while holding the person in his arms to warm the boy up, not minding that the blood would stain his clothes.

He dialed a number on his phone and it was quickly answered, Secretary Li on the other line said kindly: "Sir, what's the matter?"

"Send a helicopter over, I've sent the location to your phone, make it fast."

"Call the hospital, have them ready when I arrive."

Secretary Li had heard Yan Gan's sorrowful tone once when Commander Yan's turning for the worst at the Yan family back then. This was the second time in his lifetime to hear it again. Due to the past experience, the importance of this urgency made him think that something unexpected happened to the president, and he hurriedly responded; as he was about to condole a sentence or two to the boss, Yan Gan hung up the phone.

The heavy rain was still pouring, and the thunder in the sky was still roaring.

Yan Gan soon discovered that thunder was the source of Jian Qiaoxin's fright. He took out the earphones from his pocket, firmly removed Jian Qiaoxin's hands which were covering his ears, and gently put the earpieces in the other's ears.

He opened the music app on the phone and selected a few peaceful songs. The melodious sleep music on the phone sounded slowly, gradually overwhelming the sound of rain.

Jian Qiaoxin's face was full of tears, and Yan Gan reached out to wipe them away: "Don't cry."

The cold wind whispered, and Jian Qiaoxin sniffled twice. He held Yan Gan's clothes: "It hurts so much...Mr. Yan, do you think I am going to die?"

"Nonsense!" Yan Gan unconsciously spoke in a cold tone, but when he met Jian Qiaoxin's fearful eyes, his anger subsided again. He sighed: "You won't die, and the child will be fine."

Jian Qiaoxin snorted: "The child must be blaming me. I know he must think I am a terrible father, and he doesn't want to be my child. You must be blaming me too, you are going to get angry again."

Yan Gan hugged the other's trembling body: "Don't think about it, be good, stop thinking about it, I don't blame you."

Jian Qiaoxin was nestling in Yan Gan's body. This embrace was very warm. The man's powerful arms encircled him, like an indestructible fortress, not being invaded by the wind and rain, even the pain in his stomach seemed to be reduced a little.

When the helicopter flew over, the person in Yan Gan's arms had passed out.

In the afternoon.

The pungent smell of sterilization in the hospital always irritates people's senses. Jian Qiaoxin's spirit had improved slightly. He suddenly sat up from the bed, the sun shone in through the window and the leaves were swaying outside the window.

Jian Qiaoxin touched his belly subconsciously, and he could still feel the existence of the child. This was a wonderful father-son connection, which made him feel unconsciously relieved.

There was only him in this suite. The room was very clean and spacious. There was a huge TV hanging on the opposite wall, and there were two green plants of the same height in the room.