Chapter 15: Counterattack

Jian Qiaoxin was speechless.

"I, Qiu Jian, take care of your health first, and we will talk about the breakup later."

How could Qiu Jian let go of such a good opportunity so easily: "Xiao Xin, have you changed your mind?"

Jian Qiaoxin frowned sharply: "What nonsense are you talking about?"

"But..." Qiu Jian lowered his eyebrows as he held Jian Qiaoxin's hand: "Then why, we've been doing well so far, but you suddenly want to break up with me, is it because I did not treat you well? If you think I haven't given you enough security, then I...then let's get married!"

"......"

Jian Qiaoxin didn't expect Qiu Jian to say such a committed proposal. Could it be that he really misunderstood him?

Turning his head and looking outside the door, it seemed that he could still hear the laughter outside. Jian Qiaoxin said: "This is not about getting married or whether I have a change of heart. Don't you understand? I can't tolerate it. Wen Yuan."

"But I only treat Wen Yuan as a younger brother!"

Qiu Jian made Jian Qiaoxin laugh angrily.

Look, she's just my sister. Such a typical scumbag speech, the exact same words and sentences, with no modification.

Qiu Jian was a little flustered when he saw Jian Qiaoxin's expression: "Do you...really mind that Wen Yuan and I are still in contact with each other?"

"I do." Jian Qiaoxin did not blink his eyes.

Qiu Jian's face turned pale, after hesitating for a moment, he made a decision: "Well, I will cut off all contact with him from now on then. I swear, if I have even a little contact with him, I will not die in peace!"

Jian Qiaoxin's hand tightened, and a little smile appeared on his delicate face: "Are you cursing yourself?"

Qiu Jian looked at him cautiously: "Are you not angry?"

Jian Qiaoxin picked up the apple from the fruit basket again: "I can reconsider it."

"Then take your time to think about it, I won't force you."

After experiencing this, the relationship between the two people finally eased down a lot. Qiu Jian also stayed true to his words; so when Mother Qiu came in with Wen Yuan later, he didn't say a word to Wen Yuan, and he was completely indifferent towards the other.

Before leaving, Mother Qiu also told Wen Yuan to come again next time.

Qiu Jian said, "Mom, Yuan Yuan is also busy at work. Why don't you pay more attention to Xiao Xin if you have this kind of energy."

Wen Yuan got aggrieved at once. He grew up to be so cute and likable by the elders, when seeing him being bullied by such cold words, it made the elders' hearts hurt a bit and they felt pity for him.

Mother Qiu immediately got unhappy: "Look at what you said! Wen Yuan came to see me, what does it have to do with you!"

After sending Wen Yuan away, Mother Qiu would naturally continue to nag at her son after returning.

After she came in, she cleaned up the cabinet and said as she moved around: "Xiao Xin, I heard that Yuan Yuan is now taking a leading role in a TV drama. You have been in the entertainment industry for two or three years, and you are also on the same filming crew with him. Haiz...it's not that I'm being nosy, but you need to work harder to achieve something in this industry."