Chapter 34: Deceiving Situation

You don't have to do it alone.

Yan Gan tried to trace back his memories, and he was sure that no one had ever said something like that to him in the first half of his life. It was like a light suddenly appeared in the dark path from the back.

The owner of that light said while panting, "Why are you alone, can I go with you?"

"No."

He heard himself saying this in the dark.

"Why?"

Why?

Because I don't need it.

I can endure the night, I don't need saving, and I don't want any candy from anyone.

Yan Gan narrowed his eyes and smiled, "Don't you understand what Uncle said? I don't need it."

Jian Qiaoxin next to him honestly stuffed himself with rice: "Mr. Yan, can I ask you a question?"

Yan Gan: "Sure."

"If I were not in the picture, would you marry Zhao Tao?" After a pause, Jian Qiaoxin added a new sentence: "I don't mean anything else, just curious."

Yan Gan raised his eyebrows to look at him: "Do you want to hear the truth?"

"Yes."

"I would."

There was a long silence, and Jian Qiaoxin felt that he should know the answer, so he shouldn't ask.

Yan Gan slowly stirred the porridge in his bowl: "It does not matter who I marry."

Hearing what he said, Jian Qiaoxin boldly said: "Then...Wen Yuan?"

Yan Gan picked up food for Jian Qiaoxin on the side, raised his eyebrows: "Why do you think Wen Yuan and Zhao Tao are different?"

"Aren't they!?" Jian Qiaoxin was surprised.

Yan Gan smiled at the corner of his mouth: "It's the same, no matter who I marry."

The smell and temptation of the food did not make Jian Qiaoxin feel warm, and it could even be said that it made him feel colder.

For him, getting married means staying with someone you love for a lifetime. This is his life principle, but for Yan Gan, getting married is like a plan that must be completed. The man only wants results, regardless of the process, and he does not care who can help him fulfil that result.

Jian Qiaoxin squeezed the spoon with difficulty, clenched his fingers unconsciously, and muttered, "I see."

Yan Gan: "What else?"

"..."

Jian Qiaoxin picked up the food that the man put in his bowl: "I thought you had feelings for Wen Yuan."

"Not out of love, it was nothing more than Grandpa's last wish on his deathbed." Yan Gan didn't have any appetite. He held his chin with one hand and looked at Jian Qiaoxin: "Grandpa was the head of the Yan family before his death. Everyone knows his will. The position of Patriarch passed to me, the only requirement is to take care of his old comrades' widows and offsprings."

Jian Qiaoxin didn't expect this turn of events. No wonder the profit-only President Yan always took care of other people.

Seeing through the boy's thoughts, Yan Gan smiled: "Otherwise, you think I like to do charity so much that I even rush to take care of others?"

"No, I just didn't expect it."

"You didn't expect what?" Yan Gan was a bit persistent: "You didn't expect me to be such a person?"