Chapter 40: Protect the Calf

Jian Qiaoxin stared at Yan Gan's eyes. His heart beat fast, but the more excited he got, the more calm he became: "Mr. Yan, if I were at Yan's old house, then many people would know about my pregnancy. Then, will they think I am your...fiance?"

Yan Gan held the pen with a distinct hand, and the corner of his mouth smiled: "What if it is?"

Jian Qiaoxin's heart tightened, his heart beating fast, but reason prevailed. He smiled: "It won't affect me much, but I'm afraid it will affect you."

After all, if the man were to marry a star who has no money and power, how much help could he be?

Yan Gan did not say it clearly, but he had to be sensible for the man. Wasn't this his only strength? He was very self-knowing, not persistent, and would not die.

The smile in Yan Gan's eyes gradually faded. He leaned back in the back seat, his voice was low, "Xiao Xin, can I ask you a question?"

Jian Qiaoxin: "Yeah."

Yan Gan did not look at him: "You decided for the child to be raised by the Yan family after it is born, has it changed until now?"

Jian Qiaoxin hesitated. He thought for a while: "If he follows you, he will have a better future."

He will not stay.

The sparkles in Yan Gan's eyes dissipated little by little, and in the end only a thick black was left.

"Xiao Xin is really a good boy." Yan Gan's voice was lazy and casual, as if he was talking about ordinary things. He smiled gracefully and charmingly: "I checked your resume. You have been in the industry for many years, and you did not get any good resources. We talked about it before. You love acting. This is great, but the entertainment industry has never been a place where you can live by love. Anyone can replace you. You have worked so hard for many years. You should understand?"

Jian Qiaoxin said: "I know."

Yan Gan looked at him sideways, his deep eyes seemed to draw people in, and the corners of his mouth smiled: "What if Uncle can help you?"

It was as if a sweet pie was falling down from the sky, but Jian Qiaoxin was surprisingly calm. He whispered, "Why?"

"The child still needs to be brought up by you for one or two years after birth." Yan Gan raised his eyebrows: "As compensation?"

Of course Jian Qiaoxin was happy to be with the child, but he was not going to let it pass his head: "The child does not have to be brought up by his biological father. If you are willing to support me...do you need me to do something else?"

Yan Gan propped his chin with one hand, so he could take his time to look at the other: "You are such a stupid kid, what good can Uncle gain from tricking you, but I feel sorry for your hard work during pregnancy. You deserve it."

Jian Qiaoxin was not convinced, and glared at him: "I'm not stupid."

"Sure, sure, sure." Yan Gan smiled, his tone was a little more solemn: "Our Xiao Xin is the smartest, you always work hard, you are much better than all of them."

You are much better than all of them.

The voice was very light, but the weight that fell on people's hearts was very heavy. Jian Qiaoxin had been in the entertainment industry for many years, and had put in more effort than anyone, but could only stay at the lowest rank forever.

It was impossible to say that he doesn't care, no one in the world wants to never make a name for themselves.

For many days and nights, he wondered whether he is suitable for the entertainment industry or not. What he was lacking. He had no golden master and no one to support him. Even if he did everything possible to show his talents, even if he tried all his effort day and night, but still to no avail.