Chapter 67: Do You Think He is Unreasonable

The waves on the sea were turbulent, and Jian Qiaoxin sneezed while the wind was blowing.

Yan Gan looked at him: "Cold?"

"No." How could he be cold in this scorching sun? Jian Qiaoxin rubbed his nose: "Maybe it was due to the cold last night, it's not a big deal."

Yan Gan pretended to inadvertently glance at the program boat behind them: "When we go back tonight, ask for a quilt."

Jian Qiaoxin remembered that they couldn't use coconuts as money today, and said: "Don't we have to sell fish to exchange for money, or to use the card in our hand?"

Yan Gan played with the small buttons in his hands and smiled at the corners of his mouth: "Isn't the quilt already given to us?"

Jian Qiaoxin explained in a dumbfounded way: "But that was for the game, although it is a free gift, what if they don't give it tonight if we don't play the game?"

Yan Gan: "Does he really think he can just not give it to us?"

"..."

Mr. Yan's speech of taking things at will made the good boy Jian Qiaoxin have a new understanding of his views again. Casting a net to fish was a task that took time. During this time on the boat, Jian Qiaoxin chatted with the fisherman.

He sat next to Yan Gan, studying some fishing tools on the boat, and asked: "Do you fish every day?"

The old fisherman nodded, there were several wrinkles around his eyes, and the traces left by the years were hard to erase: "I used to go to the sea every day, but now it is harder when I'm getting old. I have been fishing for a lifetime."

Jian Qiaoxin knew that fishing is an individual job. Once many fishermen get older and run out of energy, they will naturally retire.

But he still chose to comfort him: "You have a strong body."

"No way." The old man's voice was hoarse, and he pointed to his waist and stomach: "It's all old problems."

Yan Gan said, "How is the fishing market now?"

The old fisherman smoked a pipe, he dug some tobacco from a bag with his black nails: "It has been ups and downs. In the past, you could just dive in the shallow water to catch some fish, but now the environment is polluted, and some unscrupulous traders are fishing aggressively. The fishes in the shallow water started to go extinct. When there are no fishes in the shallow water, they start to move into the deep sea. If outsiders like them can't find fishes in the shallow water, fishermen like us that want to survive, we have to go into the deep water."

Jian Qiaoxin frowned unconsciously.

Marine pollution and illegal fishing have always been problems that continue to be banned.

Yan Gan played with Jian Qiaoxin's hand. The man's palm was wide and warm, and it just wrapped Jian Qiaoxin's hand. He said, "Going to the deep sea, is there a high rate of accidents?"

The old fisherman smoked a pipe and looked at the sea with deep eyes: "The village chief of our village, the Wang family, six brothers and a boat, were killed in Shanghai when they returned..."

There was a moment of silence on the boat.

Seagulls sounded, and the waves gently shook the boat's body. The sea was deep and beautiful, yet it had swallowed too many people. Those who depended on the sea for food eventually returned to the sea.

In the next period of time, Jian Qiaoxin and Yan Gan mostly listened to the old fisherman telling them some interesting things and pleasures at sea.