WHEN DID THIS HAPPEN?

1st POV

"Oh god this is gonna be a horrible day I just know it...." I sighed in frustration.

How do I know it's going to be a horrible day? It's actually pretty simple really. But anyways, I know this because..

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.
...I willingly woke up and got out of bed early in the morning, not to mention the sun is still rising.

...

Ok, ok. Hear me out! This may sound stupid but something out of the ordinary always happens on days like these. First I wake up and everything goes as planned, then suddenly, something crazy happens and ruins everything alright?!

'Welp, there's no use in dodging the situation. I already made plans and I can't stop now.' I thought, putting on my hat. I went to find my cloak before stopping in my tracks, remembering that I gave it to that person who was injured in order to keep them warm.

'Ah great, guess it doesn't really matter in a way anyways.' I walk out the door and continued with todays plans.

I can't really remember how long it was since the incident with that guy but if I were to guess, I would say around a week or two. I haven't really tried to find them since they seem like a capable person, or maybe I'm just saying that because I can't be bothered to find the despite the fact they have something of mine... I should really get my priorities straight.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

"...Who the hell am I lying to of course I won't do that-"

As I continued to walk over to Mondstadt I pondered over who I should see first. In the end I decided that whoever I see first was the person I'd talk to. Maybe it would be a good idea to-

*GGrraaAarRg*

I instantly stopped in my tracks looked around before a sudden gust of wind violently blew. Looking up I was memorized at what I saw. "HOLYY CRAPADOODLE WHAT WAS THAT?!!!"

It was a blue dragon. I would be lying if I said I was scared, I was honestly more in awe. Though it wasn't long before they we're out of my sights and away.

"Holy crap that was beautiful..." I thought aloud.

I would have continued to stare longer if it wasn't for the shiny red thing that fell straight on my head.
"Ow!"

I rubbed my head to numb the pain before looking down to inspect it more. It was a ruby red-like tear drop about the size of my hand.

"Wow.. what a pretty red color... Did the dragon drop it?" I thought aloud.

"Oh well! Finders' keepers!" I said as I grabbed the object and stuffed it in my pocket.

I looked around wondering which direction I was going to go before I began to walk.

"You shouldn't be wandering around in the woods right now. As of recently it's been more dangerous than usual."

"Huh?" I turn around to see a man with scarlet hair in a ponytail. Wait a minute.. I know that person anywhere.

My eyes lit up in admiration, "Diluc!! I wasn't expecting to see you first of all people!" I ran over to him and grinned. I remember first meeting him during an incident where I was nearly thrown into a huge boiling pot of water by abyss mages and hilichurls during my nap in the middle of the forest. He came right on time and got me out of my bad situation and since then I've ended up looking up to him and got along with him really well despite his grumpy never-smiling attitude.

'Oh the memories of meeting such an awesome guy!'

"I could say the same for you, Akemi." He replied with that same monotone voice of his.

'Not even a smile for your self-proclaimed favorite person?! Wow ok I understand then' I mentally cried.

Diluc then turned and started walking, "Come on, let's go. I'm wasting time standing here"

"Huh? Oh- Sure." I jogged over and started walking up beside him, "Wait, where are we going?" I asked.

He gave me a side-glance. "To Mondstadt. That's your destination is it not? besides, I could tell from a mile away that you were going the wrong way."

'Say Wha..?'

I looked at the direction I came from and then looked at the direction I was gonna go. 'Crap he's right...' I faked a cough and tried to think of an excuse,

"In my defense, I haven't been here for a while so it's reasonable to forget, in a way." I said in a matter-of-fact tone.'

He stared at me. We made eye contact for a while as he stared at me waiting for a sign that tells me I'm lying.

'Don'tsmiledon'tsmiledon'tsmile-'

I ended up losing and cracked a smile. Seeing his point being proven, he turned away.

'Ok so I was lying, but even if I wasn't lying, I would have smiled either way!'

He didn't even bother responding to me and just continued to walk.

'Fine then, ignore me all you want but you invited me to walk with you and it everyone's problem today'

I inwardly took a deep breath and spoke, "Hey Dil-"

"Akemi, your company is somewhat enjoyable. Which is why I suggest you choose your words carefully or I won't hesitate to go on without you." He sighed and glared at me.

Yea, I should close my mouth.

'Y'know, sometimes it's ok to not be a problem.' I thought. 'Ok... Time to think of something to bring up'

I was quiet for a while before finally talking. "So is there a reason for why there was a really cool looking dragon just flying in the sky or is it just looking for a place to have a picnic?"

He hummed before speaking, "So you aren't aware then. Very well, I'll enlighten you on recent events. Pay attention because I won't say it twice."

Damn he's actually answering my questions for once.

'Why do I feel like him explaining what happened will be a bad thing...'

Time skip

Ok so update, my confusion is so high I feel like I'm ascending to Celestia itself.

"BUT I- WHAT HA- WHEN DID- HOW????" My mind was running in circles. And Stormterror? Didn't we have Dvalin or something?

"WHEN DID THIS HAPPEN? I MISSED OUT ON SO MUCH!!!" I shouted. Before I could continue, I felt the fabric of a glove covering my mouth. It was an irritated Diluc who seemed to be done with my childish antics.

'He looks annoyed.' I sweat dropped before apologizing.

"Sorry, I wasn't really expecting too much to happen after leaving for nearly half a year..." I admitted.

'...Yes, it is Akemi, it really is.' I mentally facepalmed.

He sighed. "Let's just continue walking."

In the end, we walked to Mondstadt as I told Diluc all the cool things I did on my travels.

In the end, it was nice.

_____________________