Evil Schemes!

I ALREADY HATE THS PLACE!

The people here are so mean, what's their problem?

All I did was try talk to this guy called Werner, and I don't know why but we suddenly began arguing and he started spouting some violating insults...

He called me an oxygen bandit, a lame fudge nugget, a wimpy muppet–

What's with these odd but offensive insults he came up with?! He even called my hat obnoxious!

I'm telling you, the people on Saginomiya Island weren't this mean. So that means they're the problem, not me!

We were only there in the first place to ask him to lower the prices on the crystal marrow in order for the International Trade Association to pay their damn taxes with Shiny rocks, he didn't need to go that far!

"Flamebrains! Cheer up, don't let that man get to you!" Said Paimon, patting my head in reassurance.

"He was just a little mad, that's all." Excused Aether. His reasoning being that everyone's probably on edge due to the individual struggles they're having.

So here we were. I swung my legs back and forth as I sat on top of a stonewall while Aether and Paimon stood beside me. 

But I don't care if he was mad! I'm gonna call him out for his stupid scam!

That's right, I already figured out how the taxing cycle the guards do work, so ha!

"It's a scam." I say, eating a chicken mushroom skewer I grabbed out from the teapot earlier.

Aether folds his arms, closing his eyes as he nodded in agreement. "Yeah, I figured."

"It did seem a little strange." Commented Paimon.

"Right?!"

Despite the two agreeing with me, these were things that we couldn't prove without evidence.

The blond opens an eye in my direction. "So, how did you figure it out?"

I shrugged. "The crystal marrow are something that's commonly found on one of the islands on Inazuma." 

Paimon didn't seem to get it. "So?"

"Crystal marrow can't be found on this island, everyone said so themselves!" I began to act out the scenario, snack still in hand. "Here's what I'm thinking: The guards mine for the crystal marrow, then they hand it over to Werner to sell! After that, they'd tell the outlanders to give them crystal marrow as taxes which they'll have to get from Werner since crystal marrow can't be found on this island! Werner overprices the crystals, and in the end the guard get lots of mora and the crystals go back to Werner- BANG! THE CYCLE REPEATS!"

Paimon gasps in realization at the smart and devious schemes. "Those scheming douchebags!"

"Right!? So smar- evil!" I exclaimed, hoping the didn't notice the error in my words.

"Even if this is true, we need a way to get Werner to confirm it." Aether said, pondering the situation.

"And how do you suggest that?" I say, a pout forming on my face. "That guy was mean!"

The three of us fell into deep thought before Aether came up with a solution. He looked at the group and said, "Let's go talk to Thoma."

"Oh- say less!" I push myself off the wall, landing next to Aether before running over to where I guessed Thoma was.

But before I could run off though, Aether was quick enough to grab onto my wrist, snatching my attention.

"What is it?" I ask, turning to him.