We Will Be Reunited IV

Razor was in distress.

He stood in front of Lupus Boreas protectively as the purple abyssal chains tightened around the wolf spirit. Razor gripped his claymore, ready to initiate in a fight, however he was afraid to do so as the opponent was a powerful one.

"HANDS OFF RAZOR- AND THE OTHER ONE!"

To Razor's surprise, Akemi collided against the Abyss Herald with a small explosion. And shoved it away from him and the Wolf spirit.

'Ha! Well, what a coincidence, I needed something to beat up, and a victim has appeared before me!' Thought the mage cockily, pushing back her hair.

The Abyss Herald looked at her with what she was thinking was shock, but she can't really tell with the armor had on.

"Argh! You again!" Shouted the Abyss Herald as he gets into a fighting stance.

Akemi chuckles. "Yeah! It's me, now get over here and fight me like a man- or whatever you are!"
She slams her fist into the palm of her hand as a fire ignites. "Let's see what's stronger, my fire or your crappy ice!"

Akemi jumps at the Abyss Herald, her fist cackling with pyro. The Abyss Herald dodges it with ease and slashes down at the pyro user's back. 

Fortunately, Akemi's scythe had formed behind her and blocked him before the attack made contact. She quickly switches positions to face the Abyss Herald and strengthened her weapon with pyro reinforcements to push him back.

The creature was too focused on the pressure being put onto the attack, that he failed to notice Akemi reaching for the trigger on her weapon. Once she pulled it the Abyss Herald was greeted with a fiery bullet in the chest, and the strong recoil of the weapon had sent Akemi back creating distance between the two. 

Despite the distance between them, the danger wasn't over yet as Hillichurls had now appeared in the area and were now shooting at her.

Quickly, Akemi converted her scythe into a sniper rifle and threw it up into the air, punching a hillichurl charging towards her in the process as she waited for it to fall back into her hands safely.

"Let's light it up a little!" Activating her vision, Akemi began shooting more stronger pyro infused bullets, taking down the hillichurls one by one. She dodges an arrow shot at her from behind and turns around to shoot back, the hillichurl didn't last long.

"You are a thorn in our side, you are too dangerous to let live!" Exclaimed the Abyss Herald. A blue aura began to form around it, causing Akemi to actually start paying attention.

"It powered up?" Akemi scratched her head for a moment looking at it jealously. "I wish I had a cool power up."

Before the mage had realized it, the Abyss Herald was suddenly inches away from her position and was about to strike her down. 

"Oh crap-" Akemi backed away in surprise as she watches the blade nearly makes contact with her face.

Thankfully, nothing bad would happen to her, for at that moment a roar echoed throughout the arena as a warm blanket of orange surrounded her, a shield in the shape of a dragon.

It seemed like her cloak- or artifact had activated again on instinct.

The pyro mage couldn't help but sigh in relief as the blade was pushed away from her face. "....I forget it does that sometimes!" She laughs off the near-death experience.

The shield stayed up for a few more seconds before disappearing into dust, and into the symbol that held her cloak together. Akemi then puts away her weapon and fixes the position of her hat, making sure it doesn't come off again before looking over to the Abyss Herald who just stood there on guard.