Adeptus Xiao

3rd POV

On a pathway of Liyue, a trio were happily laughing together as they made their way to their next destination.

Akemi kicked a rock on the side of the road, sighing. "Damn, I can't believe I lost!"

Aether nodded in agreement. "Who would've thought Paimon would be the winner!" He said.

The two looked over to Paimon, who triumphantly flew through the air, hands on her hips like a superhero. "I'm just a natural born player!" She explains.

Once again, the three of them happily laughed.
Eventually, everything was put to a stop when they finally arrived to Wangshu Inn Aether looks over to Akemi, patting her hat.

"So, you feeling better now?" He asks with a smile.

Akemi nods, more hyper than usual she stood on a nearby rock. "I feel like I can fight anything!" She claimed.

A sigh of relief escaped Aether's mouth as Akemi jumped back down to the duo.

The girl tugs on Aether's sleeve. "Hey hey! It's pretty outside, let me show you two great view." She proceeded to drag them into the building.

The journey upstairs was quiet. Paimon looked around with a confused look on her face. Is an Adepti really here?

It didn't take long for Paimon to actually ask "Hey, are we really gonna find an Adepti here?"

Aether, also curious, agreed. "Doesn't feel like a place to find one.." he admitted.

Akemi paused, doing a small turn on the stairs. "Don't worry, he should be here.." she motioned with her head for the two too continue walking.

Despite the doubts they had, they trusted Akemi.

_-_-_-_-_

Finally making their way up the stairs, the view made them gasp in awe at the captivating scenery infront of them.

"Isn't it great?" Akemi pulls the two over to get a better view on the balcony.

Leaning forward, the three were somehow able to enjoy the view even more. They watched in silence for a while as the day passed by slowly.

.

.

.

.

.

.

"To the blind eye, everything might not appear as it seems."

Akemi tensed up, mixed feelings now entered her body the moment as she looked ahead of her frozen in place. Xiao casually stood there, right next to her.

Thankfully, Aether walks up to Xiao, giving Akemi the opportunity to hide behind him.

Xiao's attention is lured over to Aether, feeling Adeptal energy coming from him.

He raised a brow in amusement. "A sigil of permission? You came prepared."

Seeing the opportunity, Aether decided to explainthe situation. However, it seemed like Xiao wasn't very interested.

He crossed his arms, standing in a firm position. "Though this only prevents me from harming you myself, it doesn't stop you from getting hurt in other ways."

Paimon and Aether looked at eachother, then look at Akemi, though all she did was cover her head with her red hooded cloak and shook her head rapidly.

Look back to Xiao Paimon also shook her head. "Uhh... Paimon doesn't get it..."