The Results of the Fight!

3rd POV

Everything has gone even worse once the shield had gone.

But what happened is done, what everyone cares about now is Akemi, who had now passed out.

Horrified, Aether told Paimon to stay on the Jade Chamber before he was about to run off and jump after her. He, however, was stopped by Xiao who briefly placed a shoulder on him before diving down, jumping from broken pieces to another, swiftly reaching his ally in seconds and pulling her into his hold.

He looked at the girl, a slight wave of nostalgia hit him before he came back to his senses and teleported back to the Jade Chamber where everyone had now gathered when the platform broke. Everyone was relieved to find her physically unharmed.

Aether, who was already by their side, was waiting for a response from her. Xiao sighed after examining her. "Her energy completely depleted, she's out of the fight." He stood up with Akemi in arms still, passing her over to Aether. "Keep her safe." The Traveller nodded, holding her tightly.

He could feel his heart rate slow down with his precious friend now in his arms, seemingly asleep.

"The Guizhong Ballista is destroyed. Without its covering fire retaliation will be difficult." Said Cloud Retainer.

"But the Jade Chamber is our last line of defense, we can't give another inch, no matter what!"

Ningguang teleported herself to the ground, a hesitant look on her face. "I have... another idea."

Confused, Ganyu look at her boss. "What do you mean lady Ningguang?"

Everyone looked at her with anticipation, waiting for the order. Nobody here was expecting her next words.

"I'll sacrifice the Jade Chamber."

_-_-_-_-_

Akemi woke up to the rays of the sun dawning upon her. She groaned, attempting to move her arm to cover it. Unfortunately, her body refused her command, feeling weak and tired.

"Look! Flamebrains is waking up!" Said a random voice. Akemi easily identified it to Paimon however, seeing as no-one else would address her by such a name. Next to her, she saw Aether who held a smile of relief with him. It was clear that he was very worried.

She tried to get a good situation in her whereabouts, she was leaning on a bunch of crates by the dock. Osial was gone, but she was still drenched in water meaning it hasn't really been long since the fight. Akemi sighed to herself. "I feel... Drained, super drained... I can't move either."

"How are you feeling? Can you at least move your hand?" Asked Aether.

"I'm not going to repeat myself."

"Right- sorry, here" Aether picked up Akemi from her leaning position and held her bridal style. "Better?"

"Mhm." The mage was now able to get a better look of her surroundings now. The Adepti and the Qixing must have been continuing their conversation they had before the battle had started, Akemi was glad.

A child ran up to them "Why does everyone look so down? Didn't we just beat that big monster."

Madam Ping laughed at the cheerful small child. "Hahaha! Weren't you frightened, dear? It was quiet the predicament." She asked her.

The child giggled. "I wasn't afraid. All the strong millelith guards were there, and those powerful people with visions too!"

Akemi felt a sense of pride when the girl mentioned that last part. It was nice knowing that people had believed in them to defeat Osial.