On the Way

3rd POV

"One's most impressed. The path that leads through this abode defies those of ordinary abilities."

Above a ruin, Cloud Retainer stood their with pride. Elegantly, she spread her wings, gliding down towards to the three on the ground.

"Here before you is the adeptus, Cloud Retainer. Now, speak of the matter which brought you here."

Despite the fact that they came with urgent news, Aether decided to go off topic. "Did you build this whole place?" He asked.

Akemi sighed, Aether had just pulled a rambling trigger for Cloud Retainer.

"Oh, naturally." She began.

The pyro user avoided eye contact and looked to the ground, her military hat serving as coverage.  "With what hands-" She mumbled.

"In fact, even Guizhong and Rex Lapis themselves found one's technological accomplishments to be worthy of commendation." Akemi braced herself for the long conversation that was about to occur.

"This place is huge! And there are so many mechanisms... Do you really have this whole place to yourself? What's it even for? Did you build it as your private mechanism workshop or something?" Paimon placed a hand on her head, feeling dizzy from thinking of answers for all these questions. "It's just like the story say. The adepti leave the human world, find somewhere to be a hermit-"

Paimon's mouth was covered by Akemi's hand in a panic "Paimon- who's been telling you these thing's?" She loudly Whispered.

Without skipping a beat Aether casually responded. "Probably you Akemi"

"One is simply not partial to the tedium of social interaction, and wished to find some peace and quiet."

'Then I guess I should leave'

"Find it one did... shortly after which, you arrived bearing your sigil of Permission..." Said the Adepti, looking over to Aether.

Eventually, Akemi mustered the courage to interrupt the conversation. "Hey.. aren't we a little side tracked?" She questioned.

Cloud Retainerpaused for a moment in realisation. "Indeed! State the matter in which brings you hear at once! You have disturbed the tranquility of this place for long enough."

The pyro user looked over to Aether, motioning for him to explain the whole situation once again.

"Rex Lapis... Assassinated!?" To say the Adepti was angry was an understatement. She was enraged, in denial of what she had just been told.

"Guys back up real quick cuz she aaaaangry-" Aether and Paimon are quickly pulled back as a strong gust of wind was released in all kinds of directions.

"How can this be!?" She exclaimed. "Such a hideous crim... Who would dare?"

"The notion is so preposterous as to be unbelievable..." The bird concluded. She sighed reluctantly, distraught at the situation. "One shall have to verify with the truth of this matter independently..."

'If only she knew that he was actually alive..' Akemi thought.

"Perhaps one shall quash Liyue first, then convene with the other Adepti-"

"..Hold up-"

"...Excuse me!?"

"Wait, what? Did you just say 'squash Liyue Harbor'? Are you seriously gonna wipe out a whole city?" The idea was instantly shot down by all three of them, they wanted to resolve this peacefully!

Cloud Retaineronly gave a small hum in acknowledgement. "Only response of sufficient magnitude can negate the possibility of further incidents." She claimed