Chapter 139: Spellbounded

Warning: I believe I may have gone,, a bit overboard with the description of our friendly crawlies(spiders) so if that sort of stuff genuinely makes you uncomfortable, please proceed with caution! ⚠️

"What is the meaning of this, Harumi?"

If there was anybody that could rival the anger that the dark lord was feeling at the moment, — they sure wouldn't be standing in place.

Garmadon, the emperor of this fragile city, was infuriated. He had put trust into the ones that work for him, and here they were, double-crossing him, failing to bring him what he wants.

Bowing her head down in shame, the Quiet one didn't dare speak a word to the emperor that only saw failure in her. She shakes her head and kept her glance fixed to the crumbled ground of the throne room.

From the corner of her still-ringing ears, she hears her comrades push out an uproar, fuelling their emperor's anger.

"It's because of you that they got away!" Ultra Violet grimaced, showing an accusing finger at the one who was meant to be her boss. No one in the Sons of Garmadon was pleased in this moment.

However, the dark-lord was in no mood for a feud, there were no rights and wrongs in his eyes. He just desired to get on with the punishment, nothing more.

Sharply inhaling and pinching the bridge of his nose, "Enough! I thought I made it clear that I wanted the green ninja back here alive. You let him escape." He glared at the one who failed in today's operation mission.

"I'm sorry...my emperor. I won't fail again." The Quiet one whimpered, sharply holding her own breath each time he tilts his head to hear her responses.

As much as she was grateful to have him as her ally, he can prove to be devilishly terrifying. She didn't want to upset him, have him point his fury towards her yet here she was.

The man had grabbed her by the neck, his claws gripping her throat tightly as he slammed her to one of the many pillars of his throne room — the two remaining generals only stood with emotionless faces. They were scared to of what was happening with the teenaged-girl.

"You were supposed to lure him back here! Not necessarily catch him, did you try too hard?" Garmadon growled, his hold on the mortal becoming tighter and her back ached with each edge of the blackened crystals piercing through her.

Harumi didn't say a word, only kept her head low in respect of her emperor. "Is my second in command a joke? Goodness, you are not living up to how stoic your label is."

She took his disappointed remarks in like a sinner during confession. She failed him and she deserved this.

No matter how repetitive her words, "I'm sorry...my emperor.." she couldn't say anything else to him.

Unsatisfied with the way she was responding to him, his grip grew tighter, continuously pinning her down slowly. Garmadon glared at her, "When you brought me back to life, I had hopes for you. Now, you don't even deserve the dirt off my feet." He claimed.

That was bad. Very very bad. Harumi, now afraid out of her mind, not only whimpered to cope but had realized far too soon, she couldn't breathe. He was crushing her air pipe.

To many's surprise, one of the generals had stepped up and approached the scene despite how dangerous it is to approach the emperor at this state. "Wait, emperor Garmadon, Harumi isn't that.." Killow protested, pitying his ally and current boss.

It halted Garmadon in his actions. He had glared at the general larger in size as well as the delusional one in a ponytail, he hummed to himself then turned over to his target, who continuously struggled to breathe. "Hmmm."