Chapter9: Recovery

The green ninja's eyes fluttered open and he was met in a completely new environment. It scared the boy slightly thinking they were found by some SOG guards and were brought back to those glacier dungeons. He observed his surroundings a bit more and even prompted his self up and realized a soft mattress supporting his back.
Confused, his eyes glanced down and he made out that it was a bed he was on. "Where am i?" He whispered and raised a palm to clench it. Alright, he didn't lose his abilities to move his limbs. Good.

One thing he did notice was that the door was slightly opened. Wasting no time, he stepped closer to the wooden opening and was about to open it until a scold stopped him. It was cold, violent to the least and it sent shivers down his spine. He listened through the brief conversation between the two former comrades. "I'm telling you, we could have been in such a vulnerable spot if it weren't for this abandoned shack." The familiar voice of the white haired girl rung through his ears. A smile formed on his lips, knowing she was alright.
However, a retort from Killow was also heard. "Yes i'm aware of that. Why wouldn't I be? But why are you placing all the blame on me?" He questioned in an innocent tone. Whatever he said made Harumi snap out in anger. "If you didn't chicken out twenty minutes earlier, he would have been awake sooner and we could have gotten out of here." It was heard.

The green ninja wondered what they were talking about until his question was answered with a reply from Killow: "So what if I wasn't punctual? I still carried him here. That's what matters." There was a small sigh that separated their conversation in half. "Look. I know you're upset right now. But we can't afford to have this sort of behaviour. Please, just relax. He's fine." Killow assured her. Harumi on the other hand, didn't buy it. She stomped away from the big man and presumingly nindroid. Lloyd could just tell due to the footsteps getting louder on his part. He quickly stepped away from the door and waited until Harumi entered. He just knew she'd check up on him. He wanted to go back under the covers and pretend like he was still out however after hearing their conversation, he didn't want to seem like a waste of time when they could be escaping right now.
~~~~
Lloyd didn't have much time to think about his choices since the door of the room he was in, opened and there stood Harumi between the doorframe. She had a surprised expression on her face. It was one of relief as well. Like her heart skipped a beat when she saw him in a fine state. "Lloyd!" She gently walked up to him and wrapped her arms around his neck. He chuckled and blushed lightly. "Hi Rumi." He greeted. The white haired girl pulled herself away from him as he spoke to her. She glanced at the stool in the room and her gaze was fixed on it for a little while. Lloyd was confused on why she stopped keeping eye contact between them until he had a glance at the stool for himself. There on the small wooden stand was bandages and a cup. He already assumed there was a sort of liquid inside of it. Or maybe it was water?

Harumi took the items from the stool one by one, starting with the artistic roll of white bandages. Her gloved fingertips gently made their way down to the strap of the roll and pulled it. The soft white ribbon following the pressure attended in her haul. Soon, a good length of the bandage came off and she used her teeth to cut the ribbon from the roll itself. There were any scissors in their use. Plus, if Harumi wasn't anymore menacing, she'd be a perfect bunny. With remarkable sharp fangs as well. It would scare Killow indeed. Still holding onto the strand of white, she carefully wrapped it around Lloyd's forehead.

At first, he was confused to why that is. I mean, he wasn't aching anywhere nor thought about having any injuries. To his dismay, he did. When Harumi confirmed his reason of having wide eyes. "Don't give me that look. The bruises on your head looks bad." She sighed, rather upset. Lloyd looked down and frowned. "Will...it heal?" He questioned reluctantly. The white haired girl took no time to answer: "Yes. But it will take some time. That fall wasn't your best." She explained briefly.
However, the green ninja wanted the full details. He asked: "What exactly happened, Rumi?". There was a small minute of silence. Due to the fact that Harumi wanted to finish wrapping the bandage around his forehead and middle part of his skull. She faced him then grabbed the cup. She used some excess amount of the white bandages as a sort of cloth. "Your grappling hook snapped and there you were, falling down. I was so scared...you know? I thought I would lose you due to a nasty fall. But that's behind us now. You're ok and that's all I need to know." She smiled weakly.

The blush on Lloyd's cheeks got prominent. He gently giggled and cupped Harumi's cheek. He stared deeply into her black spacious eyes before smiling back at his turn. "It says to me that you want to say something else, quiet one?" He teased softly and took a better grip of her cheek. As if he wanted to pinch it. The white haired girl huffed and blushed as well due to the teasing. "Well...I just wanted to remind you that...I never did lose my feelings for you Lloyd. I still loved you even though we were supposed to be fighting against eachother. Please remember that whenever you're in doubt about us." She begged. The smile from the green ninja turned into his jaw slightly dropping. His mouth was opened a bit as his eyes went wide. Taking in the confession the white haired girl had to say.
~~~~
"Harumi...I.." he was at an honest lost for words. The white haired girl shook her head and laughed herself. "No no it's fine. You don't have to say anything about this. Besides, my impatient self couldn't hold it back to tell you this. I know it's not the time." She sighed at her own mistake. Lloyd's smile returned as he gently caressed her cheek. He looked at her in a lovingly state before whispering: "I really do love you Rumi." He replied to her whole confession. But that was a bad idea for the blonde. After that sentence, he felt his arm burn up. As if his skin was slowly melting onto whatever touched him. "What the-" he yelled in panic as pain slowly took over his arm.

Harumi chuckled and raised the glass and the swollen red bandage strand. She had a teasing look on her lips. "What did I say about it being a bad time to talk about love?" She dipped the cloth in the crystal clear liquid. Lloyd shuddered: "What is that?!" He retracted his arm away from her. In which the girl didnt seem happy about. With her free hand and leaving the cloth dunked in the liquid, she pulled us arm back and took a good grip on it. Even threatening to tighten her grip.
Though she'd never do that on a swollen and injured arm. "It's nothing to worry about. Just a little something me and Killow found while wandering the streets for a shelter. I'm not surprised though. We did seem to pass a pharmacy. Just relax ok? It's supposed to disinfect your cuts." She explained. Lloyd was about to say something about the liquid itself but Harumi got to him first. As if she read his mind.
"And yes I did check that it was in fact a disinfector. Sheesh. You can't trust me with liquids, Lloyd?" She teased. But Lloyd shot back in his defence. Making Harumi tighten her grip for once. "How could I trust you with liquids? Weren't you the one that wanted to poison whatever I drank weeks ago?" He smirked at her angered expression.
~~~~
When the girl was done attending to his wounds. Which were the bruises on his forehead and his arm, she stepped out of the room alongside the blonde himself. Killow prompted himself from the small wooden chairs left in the room. "Good to see you back in top shape, green ninja." The big man smiled. Lloyd winced slightly at that statue t and bit his lip. Harumi saw his nervous state and decided to talk for him. "Not the best state yet but he's doing well." She assured Killow and the robot in the room. Lloyd turned to Killow, being satisfied with his lover's answer. "So any news?" He inquired. The nindroid shook his head, understanding his question. Though he wasn't programmed to respond to anything yet for he doesn't have the capability nor knowledge. "I was thinking of places in which Ultra Violet could be In and I think l've got one." He suggested. The two individuals gave him wide eyes. "Go on. Spill." The white haired girl ordered.

He looked at them with a concerned look. "For all the time I've known Violet, she also has an irrational reason to love wrestlers. I was thinking maybe along the streets of Ninjago or...there was this one hangout she brought me to." He started. Lloyd stepped forward.
"Where is that hangout?" He questioned, determined to find the gang's currently missing friend. Killow wasted no time: "Don't laugh. But it's underground." He broke the truth out to her. The room went silent for a small while. Lloyd's expression was fidget, like he was frozen in time. Harumi on the other hand, had a neutral look on her face and her arms were crossed. Not like she was surprised at hearing that answer. Ultra always did love pulling off crazy stunts anywhere. Even at its limit: underground. The green ninja stared at Killow, shocked as ever. "You're kidding, right?" He trailed off his voice, taking a moment to take it all in. Killow shook his head and smiled at his confused and appalled state. "Nope. Talk to Harumi, she was in charge of the subway tunnel locations."
~~~~
A/N Hi guys! LillaSmolBean here! If you enjoyed this chapter, please comment down below your thoughts as well as a vote! It would be appreciated! Also. I apologize if the chapter in general seems rushed. I'm writing this on Thursday at 4AM. So it's pretty self-explanatory why this chapter was everywhere. Anyways, that concludes the chapter and author's note. What do you think happens next? Will they succeed in finding Ultra Violet? Find out in the next chapter of Reconciled hearts! Bye guys!