Chapter 45: Oni masks acquired

Garmadon was walking around borg tower and decided to check on his son. As he headed towards where his son was, he saw Lloyd cross legged on the gurney with his eyes closed. And his arms in his legs. Garmadon sighed. Looks like he fell asleep sitting up, he walked over to his son to lay him down on the bed. When he was about to lay his son down, Lloyd's eyes opened and he looked at his father. "I'm not sleeping, I'm meditating." he answered as he uncrossed his legs. Garmadon gave him a look, not knowing the word that was coming out of his son's mouth. Lloyd looked at him. "Do you know what meditating is?" He asked. Garmadon shook his head. "What is media-ting?" He asked. Lloyd smiled a little at his father's mispronunciation. "No, meditating." he corrected his father. "Although when I was younger, and master Wu tried teaching me. I would fall onto the ground and hit my head." he admitted sheepishly. Garmadon gave him a look. "How did you fall? When you were meditating?" He asked. Lloyd's face went red from embarrassment. "Um..... Cole tried having me on one of those wood log things on the bounty. They thought it would be easier if maybe I was elevated I wouldn't fall off. But I was clumsy, and I fell off. But I am still clumsy even when I got older." he explained.

"So......... they thought it would be a great idea to put you up there, when you were a kid, and was clumsy?" He asked. Lloyd nodded, at his question. "That sounds dumb." garmadon told his son. Lloyd nodded agreeing with his father. Garmadon picked Lloyd up, being careful with the iv tube that was in his skin. "Woah!" Lloyd said suddenly off balanced. Garmadon smiled, as he held Lloyd up like Rafiki did to simba in the lion king. Expect he was facing garmadon. "What are you doing?" He asked as he looked at his father in the eye. Garmadon smiled, "What? haven't been held like this before?" He asked his son with a smile. Lloyd looked at him. "No, not that I remember well except when the Bizarro ninja were about to throw me off the bounty. " Garmadon growled. "Oh right, I forgot they did that, I really regret letting them out of the dungeons." Lloyd gave him a look. "You let them out of the dungeons!? You thought that was a good idea?" He asked. Garmadon gulped. "At the time yes, yes I did." Lloyd sighed. "Where's Bizarro Zane?" He asked. Garmadon raised an eyebrow. "Who is Bizarro Zane?" He asked. Lloyd sighed. "Don't you remember? He was like my other father figure." Garmadon raised an eyebrow. "Are you sure you weren't dreaming that?" He asked. Lloyd shook his head. "I'm not. I promise I'm not crazy, I promise." he told him

Garmadon sighed, as he setted Lloyd back on the gurney. Lloyd signed, "You don't believe me, do you?" He asked his dad. Garmadon sighed. "I mean, I guess you have a point because when I let them out, Bizarro Zane wasn't with them, so maybe he's out there in ninjago city." Lloyd smiled. "You think so?" He asked,,hope was in his eyes. Garmadon nodded not wanting to bring his mood down, for all he knew Bizarro Zane was dead but he wasn't going to break Lloyd's heart. "Of course baby, I know he's out there." he lied. Lloyd looked at him sighing, "I hope my friends are okay." he said as he looked at the ground. Garmadon put a hand on his shoulder, "hey it's okay, I'm sure they are fine without you. I promise." Lloyd smiled, "you really think so?" He asked. Garmadon nodded. "I was a prisoner there on the bounty and I observed them. I know they are okay. I don't admit this but you have a great band of great fighters, to call your friends." Lloyd smiled. As he sat on the gurney and he looked at the iv tube on his arm. He looked at his father. "When can I get this out of my arm?" He asked. Garmadon observed his son as he looked at him. "Hmm, you did have some bandages on your head, you have a bump on your head and you have worse things that I should be checking out. You really took a hard hit when you hit the ground the other day." Lloyd looked down. "Well I didn't really think to grab a parachute when the clowns came into my room." he told his father. Garmadon sighed.

"When I saw you in the dungeons, when the Bizarro ninja revealed you were captured. I blew up at them, because I thought they hurt you. Lloyd looked up. You thought that? And you cared about me?" He asked. Garmadon nodded. "Of course, even if I acted the way I did, I still cared about you." Lloyd smiled as he hugged his father. Garmadon hugged back. Then he pulled away. "Alright, will you stay still here while I check you over and make sure you're okay?" He questioned. Lloyd nodded. Garmadon smiled. "I'll be right back, I promise." he leaves and goes to get the medical things needed to help his son. Lloyd sighed as he looked at the ceiling, he hoped his friends were okay. He could only hope.