Chapter 18: Never again

Everyone was in the dining hall, waiting for Lloyd. They were quiet, until Harumi spoke up. "Does anyone know where Lloyd is?" Harumi asked in concern. Where would Lloyd be? "He's around here somewhere." Nya replied. "He actually told me about your past adventures." She continued and bit into her toast. The white-haired girl smiled at that. "Trying to escape that building was insane. Lloyd's grappling hook snapped and he fell down to the ground." she sighed. "but we did manage to find you in the end." Harumi finished. The water ninja's smile grew brighter. "Yes you did. Say where's garmadon?" She questioned. Pythor shrugged. "I haven't seen him. Do you think he left?" The anacondrai suggested. "Maybe Lloyd has seen him?" Scales told her. "It's a possibility, I mean he's pretty hard to miss. With his four arms and all." Fangtom joked. They all let out a laugh.

Meanwhile, outside Lloyd trained using his sword. As he attacked a dummy, he knew he promised his father he wouldn't train so much. But this case was important. He continued attacking, he realized someone was behind him. Lloyd's focus was attached to the dummy until now. Unaware, the person behind him was about to strike. But the enemy lost the element of surprise thanks to a certain warlord. "LLOYD LOOK OUT!" Garmadon's voice called out to his son. Lloyd turned around, before the weapon hit him. Lloyd turned around and saw Twelve SOG guards. The green ninja was overwhelmed when he realized how many were circling him. He turned and saw his father was on the upper deck, with a worried expression. It was unlike his father to warn him of an enemy's presence. He was surprised. Wasting not much time, he got his weapon ready to fight. "Why are you here?" He questioned, eyebrows narrowed. The SOG soldiers didn't answer. Instead, they rushed towards the blonde, ready to attack. Lloyd scanned around his battlefield and surveyed the people around him. Reassuring him that no one was in the sights, Lloyd started to attack. A guard surprisingly took hold of his foot. In the enemy's grip was my foot. After they attempted to land a strike on me from behind. But lIoyd had to give them credit for trying to throw a sneak attack on him. Lloyd thought. The guard noticed that Lloyd has gotten lost in his thoughts, so he took this advantage to give him a strong kick to make Lloyd's palm sting a little.

Lloyd glared at them while remaining in his stance with his foot still held above the guard's chest. The guard grinned a bit and to make matters worse, grasped the green ninja's foot and twisted it, only to hear Lloyd wince. What a sadistic desire coming from someone was low as an SOG guard. The person kept his little show up, causing Lloyd to become even more unbalanced and felt a sharp pain through his bones. "If you're the powerful Green Ninja," The man smirked and paused to twist the stick-like limb in his hands in the wrong direction ever so slightly. "Then fight us and see if you can defeat us. We are more powerful than you think." The guard taunted, desiring for a real battle. Lloyd growled lowly, letting out pained screams afterwards. The guards around the two boys that were at eachother's throats, watched the green ninja jump away from their ally, his hand was grasping his twisted foot. The guard got off the ground. The next thing he felt was Lloyd's heel strike him on the cheek to cause him to stumble. Even the guard was surprised at his quick recovery.

Lloyd landed in a crouch to seem wary of his next attack. "Well this is new." The SOG guard shrugged. The blonde growled at his comment and cracked his knuckles, curling them afterwards into solid fists. He got into his usual battle stance as well. But instead of fighting, Lloyd quickly turned and ran. It sure surprised his opponent. "Oh no you don't!" The man deformed from his stance and chased after the fleeing boy. Lloyd gulped as he noticed the man catching up to him, he aimed at the guard's unguarded side to swing his foot at him. But the guard saw it coming, he quickly jumped out of the way, repaying the favour afterwards. He charged at Lloyd with his foot out. In an instant response, The guard caught Lloyd's arms and pushed him back to have him lose his balance. The green ninja blocked with his forearms against a strike caused by his opponent. But, the guard shot back with a quick hand, He threw a strike against Lloyd's right shoulder. The ninja screamed a bit and retreated to cradle his aching shoulder. The man smirked, seeing him do such a thing. "What's this?" He cooed darkly. "A weakness? For shame, the mighty green ninja has a weakness!" He mocked and turned around to inform his comrades.
~~~~~~
Lloyd continued to growl at him and refrained himself to scream in anger. He moved his nursing hand away from his shoulder and got into his battle stance. Lloyd charged at him and leapt off the ground. The guard saw him getting off the ground and he raised and swung his left leg out at Lloyd. The man felt his foot make contact to his chest to push him back and landed back. He winced a bit as Lloyd figured he may of rolled his shoulder in the process. He gritted his teeth to hopefully cope with the pain. Finally having his prey knocked to the ground completely, the man brought his sword up to end the green ninja once and for all. The blonde closed his eyes. Soft winds wafted across his face as tension grew between the two . That was when he heard a thump, his black pupils snapped open. He saw his father in front of him. " D-dad....? " Lloyd muttered slightly confused. The Oni lord helped him up. Garmadon then jointed Lloyd in battle. Relieved that his father joined him, it didn't take long for the green ninja to realize he was losing focus and felt himself getting pushed off his feet. Lloyd looked over his shoulder to see the wall behind him. Lloyd planted his foot firmly on the ground while tensing his body to turn. He twisted his body to start running along up the wall, thankful his shoes had traction to grip on the rough wood and twisted his body yet again. Yet with a powerful push with his right leg, He threw himself toward his enemy to tackle him. The man got afraid, pushed Lloyd off and they all retreated out of cowardice.