Chapter 52: Absence of the mind

A pair of black eyes flutter open to only widen in disbelief. Here she was, tied up in chains and left here to rot in this vast cell. "What...is this?!" She scolded, promptly attempting to free herself from captivity. Of course, being tied this tightly led to no avail. No, she had to be a bit smarter in this one.

Her small hands clench and fall back onto the cuffs keeping her from even being able to bring her hands to her knees. This was pathetic, what a pathetic position to have Ninjago's jade princess in. Really? In chains and in no condition to fight back? Hah, the fight was practically one-sided! Harumi was displeased.

She didn't even need a second to know who the culprit was to her first imprisonment, compared to Lloyd who had to sustain much worst. It was none other than Garmadon, was that even a question? She shut her eyes, bringing herself to take a deep breath. She needed to find a way out of here and fast. What if that man tried to attack the others back at the bounty? She couldn't bear that thought.

She didn't have any weapons with her. How foolish, letting her guard down at the most crucial of times, therefore leaving even a dagger back in her bedroom.
Lloyd, oh FSM, what was Lloyd up to right now? A part of her wishes that he had discovered her disappearance from the party. She wanted him to look for her, or was she just being selfish? Was she being too selfish to want the green ninja to save her out of all people? She didn't feel this useless as when she was back in that pile of smoky rubble. These times proved that she was only bluffing when she had claimed so long ago that: "Ninjago's greatest villain is the one that always gets away." A bitter laugh escaped the prisoner.

But just as she was about to mutter another word, the door of the room she was currently in had opened, revealing the four-armed man. Harumi would have glanced away in cringe, however, she really couldn't in this position.
It was almost mild jubilation to have herself vulnerably exposed to him like this.
"What do you want?" She sulked, narrowing her eyes down. This look were as sharp as a dagger's tip. The hostile look she was giving was makeshift, her black pupils engulfed in hatred threw daggers at him.

Garmadon crossed his arms, laughing at her attempts of being threatening. "Just what are you playing at? What's with that look?" He decided to continue this roundabout talk despite being aware that both of them knew the context of this situation all too well. But Harumi was simply not having it, she wanted out.
Therefore, to show her impatience, she began to lunge at the man. Fierce sharp canines were exposed for Garmadon to see. This young girl, so full of hate and negativity. Where was all that love that she had claimed to have?

"Now now, you're chained up. I'm sure you wouldn't want me to transfer you to a more...uncomfortable cell." He mocked, advancing forward as the girl in front of him had lowered herself back on her knees like she had been staying in for the past two hours. Harumi growled, her rebuttals for release almost sounding like a bark. "When I'm out of here, I'll make you sure you pay for everything you've done to my family and Lloyd! Shouldn't you be ashamed that said father had dared hurt his own son?!" She argued, the chains shaking above her resonated across the room.

Garmadon didn't even flinch after hearing her rebuttal. "If it's you Harumi, you should be the one that's ashamed. You're speaking as if you are above consequences. Hypocritical, isn't it?" He mentioned, stepping been closer. Ah, Garmadon had always loved crossing lines, proven by his precedent attacks to tear the resistance apart. None of them had been successful however, he has a few more plans in the work, awaiting for results.

Harumi lowered her head, now staring at the man's ribcage, ah yes, he had no heart, no surprise there. Was it a routine of his to find weaknesses of his rivals in power? Why was Garmadon even bothering? Harumi couldn't help but bitterly smirk at the thought that Garmadon actually believed that Ninjago will submit to his orders and the said emperor himself. Hah! She hadto supress laughter from concluding that thought. Her enemy had noticed her silence. But that didn't shut him up, not even close. "Ironic that you're the one chained up. Didn't you say you wanted Lloyd to be in this position?"